Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Chimp

ADC
Back on thread

1601392132531.png

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyone put up a link to the poo poo head, handbagging thread please.
This is now tedious and dull beyond description.
Mate. Take a look at the bellendery around you.

This is the handbagging thread now.

Or perhaps I choose my words.

Are you telling me that the Conservatives weren't the senior partners in the coalition sockie?

Are you telling me that they have had "no effect whatsoever" over the past ten years?

Or are you just typing more pish again?

so the Lib Dem’s are exculpated from diluting Conservative policy, interesting concept.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m guessing that Boris’ speech in Exeter today was linked to the release of an OECD report on education:
“ The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development released its Education at a Glance 2020 report on Tuesday, comparing education systems in 46 countries. This year’s edition looks at the state of vocational training, but also heavily focused on the fallout from the coronavirus crisis.” - Swissinfo.
This analysis from Swissinfo looks at the OECD report as it relates to Switzerland and highlights the very high percentage of apprenticeships (64% of the over 15s) while “some 90% of Switzerland’s upper secondary vocational students are enrolled in combined school- and work-based programmes, compared to 34% on average across OECD countries, according to the OECD’s Paris Directorate.”

I’m guessing that Boris’ speech in Exeter today was linked to the release of an OECD report on education:
“ The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development released its Education at a Glance 2020 report on Tuesday, comparing education systems in 46 countries. This year’s edition looks at the state of vocational training, but also heavily focused on the fallout from the coronavirus crisis.” - Swissinfo.
This analysis from Swissinfo looks at the OECD report as it relates to Switzerland and highlights the very high percentage of apprenticeships (64% of the over 15s) while “some 90% of Switzerland’s upper secondary vocational students are enrolled in combined school- and work-based programmes, compared to 34% on average across OECD countries, according to the OECD’s Paris Directorate.”

You can be as educated as far as your brain and motivation can take you, but if there is no work for you what is the point?
Governments can only influence so much.

I quite liked that - almost amusing. However, had I written it this is all you would probably have focussed on. If anything happens to me you can expect a knock.

Out of interest are there any moderators out there who have a view on threats to kill. I hasten to add I don’t feel in the slightest threatened, but even in jest this goes somewhat a little far?

From a compassionate perspective @Truxx may need help as he does appear to be delusional at times. #justsaying
Congratulations, you collected a full thicket of "Dumbs"

Go on then, let's see where you think I might get my news from Holmes. Surely you can do better than Gracs of the Yard's wildly inaccurate ramblings.
Cheers Osmosis Man....

I don't plan to, but if you aren't interested a top tip is don't make snide comments about it and you won't be called on them.
<Snigger> Have you actually posted any news or opinions at all in here?

I think you need to demand a refund on your critical thinking app.

Perhaps you selected the random disjointed rant app instead.
It's one made by the "Moonshot" team apparently....

You can be as educated as far as your brain and motivation can take you, but if there is no work for you what is the point?
Governments can only influence so much.

Of course that’s very true. Here, though, the apprenticeship route does offer a greater chance of immediate employment at the end, especially in the trades.
When my daughter was looking for an apprenticeship, I got her to speak to the two young, female chimneysweeps who come to check our chimneys and flues every year - a legal requirement. That’s a job for life and when you consider they also have to certificate central-heating systems as well, quite technical.
In the event, daughter opted for a 3-year apprenticeship in business administration which she has just completed. She is very intelligent and was perfectly tri-lingual before she started the course, she just didn’t want to go down the university route.
Having said that, her results both academic and work-related were good enough that, if she now wanted to, she could take a degree course in 2 years instead of 3.
As it is the company offered her a full contract which started the day after her apprenticeship with them ended at the end of August, as No 3 in the logistics department, and she’s pulling down equiv of £2,800 / month net.
Her classmates at college are all in much the same boat with their respective companies/employers.
That’s where I think Boris’ speech hit the mark, but the UK has a very long way to go to get rid of the ‘University or Bust’ route and the whole system has to be rethought.

The truth is, both have taken cue from the global ambitions of the WEF, The UN appears to have followed suit, which is ironic considering a lot of voters don't agree with globalism as an answer to problems, hence 2016.

It was apparent Biden had taken it from them, the maestro of plagiarism, My jaw dropped when I saw Boris peddling it on the live stream.

"Build back better"
Seedy in name and seedier in nature.
HMG need to drop it.

He looks a bit Matt Lucas here doesn't he?

1601420892360.png

Latest Threads