Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Jeebus

This is absolutely astounding.

1. Did you miss all the care home scandals ?

Nope - but I suspect that the scandals are only a tiny percentage of the care homes. So you're advocating do nothing because of a tiny percentage of care homes have problems?

2. Do you really think that the vast majority of over 65's / 70's are in care homes ?

A substantial percentage of the over 70's are in hospital wards, nursing or care homes. And even larger percentage is in sheltered housing - like my mother. My parents downsized and moved into a retirement flat when their house got too big to look after. To get into the block where the retirement flat is, I need a key; access there is controlled as well - although not as much as for care homes or hospital wards.

Are you advocating doing nothing for all over 70's because some don't live in accommodation where access can be restricted?

3. There is still too many unknowns with people who are asymptomatic.

Are you advocating doing nothing because the problem is not yet fully understood?

You have just provided a perfect example why so many of the over 70's died. Every one of your points above is a reason not to do something. You can't protect all over 70's - but you can better protect the substantial percentage who are in accommodation/places where access can be controlled. And doing something about that percentage is better than wringing your hands and screeching "nothing can be done". Most of the over 70's are scared $hitless about Covid 19. They would welcome more active measures to protect them.

Wordsmith

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
He doesn’t like Headlines, Twitter or apparently FB. And he can’t possibly like The BBC, that’s only for Marxists.

It does start to narrow things down.
Go on then, let's see where you think I might get my news from Holmes. Surely you can do better than Gracs of the Yard's wildly inaccurate ramblings.

Nope - but I suspect that the scandals are only a tiny percentage of the care homes. So you're advocating do nothing because of a tiny percentage of care homes have problems?

Here is what I advocated could be done. I think you must have accidentally on purpose missed it

IMO, Johnson has 3 options, until such times as a viable vaccine / treatment is invented / discovered.

1. He can keep trying to manage the virus, which will result in changes of direction as the situation is fluid. Which will continue to result in howls of Boris Grrrr.

2. He can say, the UK is open for business as usual, get on with it. Which will result in increased cases and deaths. Which will results in howls of Boris Grrrr.

3. He can lock down the UK completely, including all points of entry, businesses, households with only emergency services ( Police, Fire Service, Medical ) allowed on the streets. Which will result in the total collapse of the UK. Which will result is howls of Boris Grrrr.

Which brings me nicely onto this Common Sense Policy that Johnson should adopt. A Common Sense Policy is useless when there is 1000's, perhaps 10's of 1000's up and down the Country who do not possess common sense because they are speshul and it is their Yuman Rite to do whatever they want.

Go on then, let's see where you think I might get my news from Holmes. Surely you can do better than Gracs of the Yard's wildly inaccurate ramblings.

I don’t care where you get your news from.

Bozo, struggling with the detail again, embarrassing to have to apologise for not knowing your own laws and guidance after getting them wrong.

Perhaps instead of guessing it wrongly, he should just have been honest, especially after Keegan had got it wrong earlier.

I really hope you are right. However things don't look good. But to be honest as long as they don't tax my pension (exempt at present), make me pay university fees (paid for at the moment) I'll probably be ok.
Your pension is exempt from tax?

The UK basic state pension is only tax free if your overall earnings are under 12500 pa.

Technically of course he said it would be world beating.

And in that the app has only just been launched it is still very much work in progress.

As an aside no- one here has presented any evidence of any nation with a better one.

Which must mean that our is, so far, a bit of a front runner for the title.

Unless Boris grrr of course.
Now that you've told us all how the system is world beating because, err, something, can you let us know how many angels actually can dance on the head of a pin?

Chimp said:
I really hope you are right. However things don't look good. But to be honest as long as they don't tax my pension (exempt at present), make me pay university fees (paid for at the moment) I'll probably be ok.

Your pension is exempt from tax?

The UK basic state pension is only tax free if your overall earnings are under 12500 pa.

Chortle Chortle

It would appear that he** is at Uni at present.

I see no mention of State Pension in his comment. His** pension might be a disability pension ( Tax free at present ) or a pension below the tax threshold. ( Tax free at present )

* Rules can change as well as thresholds in the future.

** He / She as applicable.

Read, comprehend and then hit the keyboard.

I got medically discharged after getting injured in Afghanistan, so it's not a "normal” Army pension as such, I will still get that when I reach pension age.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't know about your Med discharge.

Latest Threads