Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
that someone in the UK govt actually motivated and prepared to represent UK interests is capable of getting more from the EU than TM and OIly Robbins did - unfortunately, we've had EU apologists in charge for the last 3 years
What did he get from them?

I think it's quite significant that Merkel conceded that there could be a palatable alternative to The Backstop. Do you not?
Not really, considering 3 things.
1. Macron was quite explicit in telling him that the backstop was indispensable
2. BJ hasn’t a scooby what a palatable alternative might be.
3. He hasn’t any intention of offering one.

This whole dance has been about blame avoidance, not finding a solution.

Not really, considering 3 things.
1. Macron was quite explicit in telling him that the backstop was indispensable
2. BJ hasn’t a scooby what a palatable alternative might be.
3. He hasn’t any intention of offering one.

This whole dance has been about blame avoidance, not finding a solution.
1) Macron is Merkels lap dog. The petulant puppy will do as he's told, when he's told.

2) Sure about that? He seems to be working to a plan so far. I suspect he has thought this out

3) I think you are wrong, the next month will tell is whether its you or me that is correct

1) Macron is Merkels lap dog. The petulant puppy will do as he's told, when he's told.

2) Sure about that? He seems to be working to a plan so far. I suspect he has thought this out

3) I think you are wrong, the next month will tell is whether its you or me that is correct
I’m sure he’s working to whatever plan his backers and Dominic Cummings have given him. I’m equally sure that finding a solution isn’t part of it.

I’m sure he’s working to whatever plan his backers and Dominic Cummings have given him. I’m equally sure that finding a solution isn’t part of it.

Depends on what you define as a solution!

The primary problem he is trying to solve is how he stays Prime minister.
His second problem to solve is how to prevent the Conservative Party becoming extinct.

The solution to both of those is Brexit. Boris is acutely aware of that.

After those two things he is seeking a sensible deal

My personal priority is Brexit, I don't care if Boris or the Conservative Party survives it.
I would like a fair trade deal afterwards, but I'll happily settle for No Deal.

My motives and Boris' motives may be completely different but the method and the desired outcome align quite nicely.
I'm reasonably content with the way things are going with Boris so far.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Well if this story is to be believed then BJ has lost my support

Boris Johnson is expected to continue pressing for George Osborne to replace Christine Lagarde at the International Monetary Fund at this weekend's G7 summit

Boris Johnson goes in to bat for George Osborne's IMF dream at G7 summit

I am having doubts that we will leave the EU this year ?

Archie
On the plus side... Osborne is fiscally competent (unlike lagarde) AND it would get him away from the UK political scene where is control of a newspaper could be an impediment to Johnson's wing of the conservative party.

Just checked in with the Biased Broadcasting Corporation this morning and is Boris starting to hit a wall and run out of steam, or is it just the usual from the luvvie tw@ts?

or is it just the usual from the luvvie tw@ts?
What do you think? For leaving the EU I have not yet heard a single cogent argument for remaining, all I have seen and heard is fear, fear, fear! The Biased Broadcasting Corp are hardly going to change their spots for a PM who is basically telling the EUSSR Czars that they need to change their ideas or we WILL leave with no deal, which will hurt both sides.
I am thoroughly enjoying Bojo's straight poker face and pressing all the no deal buttons, lets see who blinks first, I doubt it'll be Bojo.

Sherbet

Old-Salt
Just checked in with the Biased Broadcasting Corporation this morning and is Boris starting to hit a wall and run out of steam, or is it just the usual from the luvvie tw@ts?
Neither, it’s just the initial shine wearing off a new PM, happens to all of them.

This is where he has start getting down into the nitty-gritty of delivery. He’s had his few weeks of being a new broom, now things are settling and he’s (hopefully) getting on with it.

There’s not much of a story in “PM went to work again today” so now it’s back to the usual guesswork and supposition by the media. We won’t know anything more until Oct. 17th.

Sherbet

Old-Salt
I am having doubts that we will leave the EU this year ?

Archie
We’ll be leaving on 31/10, no question. Boris cares more about his premiership and the survival of the Tories then he does about Brexit, therefore he’ll deliver Brexit if that’s what it takes to prevent a collapse of the Tory vote.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer

I've got the impression that Germany lost the political authority over the EU a good few years back (probably around the time Merkel invited half the middle east- the male half- to Europe) and is now being milked as a cash cow. A situation likely to REALLY get up the average Joe Boxhead's nose as they are rather keen on fiscal responsibility. Thus Brexit could be the first falling domino, all because the federalists in Brussels didn't temper their super-state ideas when the cracks started to appear at national level.

Thus Brexit could be the first falling domino, all because the federalists in Brussels didn't temper their super-state ideas when the cracks started to appear at national level.
hmmm.... IF (big if) that happens they're certainly going to have to sell it to their populations under a different catchy title. The word 'Brexit' has become synonymous with the word 'clusterferk' to the extent that even if the Greeks were to consider leaving they would rather stay in than anyone start calling it 'Grexit'..... it would be doomed from the start if that happened

hmmm.... IF (big if) that happens they're certainly going to have to sell it to their populations under a different catchy title. The word 'Brexit' has become synonymous with the word 'clusterferk' to the extent that even if the Greeks were to consider leaving they would rather stay in than anyone start calling it 'Grexit'..... it would be doomed from the start if that happened
Then they need to ensure their politicians are working towards leaving the EU unlike ours. Having a PM and cabinet that for so long worked towards us in reality not leaving and willing to dump part of it (NI) to keep the EU happy is what's lead to the mess we were in.

Having a PM and Cabinet in post now shows just how badly our last Remoaner PM and Cabinet were, the current lot seem to be at least trying.

The “great success” that BJ brought back from his meetings with Merkel and Macron is so phenomenal, that it has, in his own words, increased the chances of a no-deal Brexit from “million to one” a few weeks ago to “touch and go” now.

It really couldn’t be any clearer that his sponsors want no deal and have told him to get it.

Latest Threads