Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Chimp

ADC
No, I don't think so. More likely to be connected with "the man on the Clapham omnibus" - the ordinary man who tends to support Boris, despite the flailing attempts of left-wing luvvies, the BBC and MSM, and desperate Remainers.
I'd love to go along with this Clapham omnibus lark, but Clapham sits in Lambeth. Brexit result there:
Lambeth: REMAIN 111,584 LEAVE 30,340
Lambeth has 3 Labour MPs.
I know what you are trying to say, and I am really trying to understand your arguments, but by identifying with a location you weaken it so. It is a bit like me saying "aged, blue rinsed, white racists in the Shires love Boris."
[Women also have the vote now btw.]
Luvvies (a derogatory term about an actor or actress, especially one who is particularly effusive or affected. - most highly articulate and intelligent and are allowed to have a view.
BBC - I find the news pretty even handed. Comedy panel members normally hate the concept of Brexit, but Geoff Norcott gets a fair airing but is becoming a bit anti-Boris. [Good bloke by the way, you can actually discuss things with him - yes I have conversed with him - he researches his arguments quite well. I am biased on this one because I love the BBC.
MSM (main stream media? and not Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) which I doubt has a view )- well Johnson wrote for the Telegraph, got sacked by the Times and is no longer popular with the Spectator - these rags do at least know the PM and most MSM were violently in support of Brexit.
Remainers - I can only speak for myself - I am completely disillusioned with the state of the country. Schadenfreude should be enjoyed and relished but there is nothing to enjoy in watching this demonstration of folly that is being forced on the country.
Now, I hope I have given you something to ponder there. ;)

Truxx

LE
I'd love to go along with this Clapham omnibus lark, but Clapham sits in Lambeth. Brexit result there:
I know what you are trying to say, and I am really trying to understand your arguments, but by identifying with a location you weaken it so. It is a bit like me saying "aged, blue rinsed, white racists in the Shires love Boris."
Luvvies (a derogatory term about an actor or actress, especially one who is particularly effusive or affected. - most highly articulate and intelligent and are allowed to have a view.
BBC - I find the news pretty even handed. Comedy panel members normally hate the concept of Brexit, but Geoff Norcott gets a fair airing but is becoming a bit anti-Boris. [Good bloke by the way, you can actually discuss things with him - yes I have conversed with him - he researches his arguments quite well. I am biased on this one because I love the BBC.
MSM (main stream media? and not Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) which I doubt has a view )- well Johnson wrote for the Telegraph, got sacked by the Times and is no longer popular with the Spectator - these rags do at least know the PM and most MSM were violently in support of Brexit.
Remainers - I can only speak for myself - I am completely disillusioned with the state of the country. Schadenfreude should be enjoyed and relished but there is nothing to enjoy in watching this demonstration of folly that is being forced on the country.
Something to ponder?

Yes, but perhaps not what you had hoped for.

Chimp

ADC
And, yet, you are quite happy to force this demonstration of folly upon this forum.
This is a discussion forum. So just like you I can express an opinion. If you don’t like a view, don’t go all snowflakey, but come back with something a bit more tangible.

Chimp

ADC
Not really.

You're still a dick.
1601273843021.jpeg

You get a dumb - Not because I don't like you. not because I think you resemble the picture you posted, but purely on the basis that it was deserved.

The poster was absolutely correct

You can leave anytime you like. I am sure you will be welcomed with open arms in any country of your beloved EU.

Getting back in might become a bit difficult if you are not a UK Citizen though.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What a nice way to start the week, with something so surreal and so funny. Thanks.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
This is a discussion forum. So just like you I can express an opinion. If you don’t like a view, don’t go all snowflakey, but come back with something a bit more tangible.
A discussion isn't just contradiction.

happyuk

War Hero
What Boris has done in 2020 makes the case for severely limiting the power of government over our lives like nothing else could have done.

The breath-taking science-free overreaction and overreach of the scamdemic tells us the state should never again be entrusted with such excessive authority.

Latest Threads