Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It’s not something I needed to admit, it’s a matter of fact. Or have you just realised?
The realisation was late in arriving at your door.

So..is the news No 10 trolling or dead catting to take Starmer's lead off the front page?

Scrolls past...

Scrolls past....tempted to white text that I'm not scrolling past. Labelling people trolls because you're unable to present a coherent argument is a bit weak though. Isn't it?

Truxx

LE
Your bus, your bollox Coach. So what's the Torygraph squealing about, if the UK will get more back per week than BoJo is pleading per year for the WHO?
No idea. I prefer to get the info that I share here from sources close to the action that I trust or from my direct and personal experience. The so called mainstream media are routinely on their high horse.

I could not give two hoots what the tele or any of the others are squealing about and am able to exercise that opinion by not buying the rag. The only media that I object to having such agenda driven knicker wetting is the BBC. Who's agenda I and others am obliged to pay for.

Last edited:

Truxx

LE
Based on current performance id be happy for either him or Priti to be next PM.

Id prefer him in the performance stakes - but Id love it to be her just to watch momentum choke on its sanctimoneous virtue signalling you fascists dont have quotas attitude.
Or that Raab chappie who if I remember correctly is Jewish. That would present some on the other side of the house with a problem.

I am beginning to think that Johnson may be in real trouble, sadly.
I get the Telegraph, which is a pretty reliable mouthpiece for the views of the Conservative establishment. In recent months, the paper has been adopting a more hostile tone towards Johnson. Yesterday's paper was pretty unreadable because almost every article in the comment section was critical of Johnson or the government.
The level of criticism from within, and from the very sections of the press and party which most supported Johnson becoming PM, is something I can't recall. May was criticised, yes, but the core of her opposition was the pro-Brexit MPs/press. Now these same groups have convinced themselves that Covid can be brushed off, and that Boris is a 1984-style Dictator.
Today's Mail reports a campaign of rumours about Johnson's physical and mental health, and his relationship.
Fwiw, my view is that Johnson is making enemies as, of course, his instinct to restrict activities to help fight Covid, is against the interests of traditional big business in the UK.
I begin to think that we could see Johnson ousted at some point. That would be disastrous for the Tories in the long term as the election victory was his.
Johnson's internal opponents propose letting the virus run its course, and carrying in life regardless. That hasn't been tried, so the opponents can hold out a vision of a panacea, but such a response could easily not work, and at the cost of many deaths/massive demand on the NHS.

Replacing Johnson would probably take to the new year and take us out of the EU. I wonder why the righteous Starmer isn’t calling for yet another election yet, using Covid policy as an excuse? Or does he fear the electorate? I have a feeling that on the campaign trail Johnno would be more than a match For him.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Replacing Johnson would probably take to the new year and take us out of the EU. I wonder why the righteous Starmer isn’t calling for yet another election yet, using Covid policy as an excuse? Or does he fear the electorate? I have a feeling that on the campaign trail Johnno would be more than a match For him.
My heart agrees but my head wonders whether he has fully recovered from his own episode of Covid, as he seems to have lost his touch lately.

As to the Telegraph, I gave up reading it months ago, as I am fed up with its anti-Boris editorial style and content.

My heart agrees but my head wonders whether he has fully recovered from his own episode of Covid, as he seems to have lost his touch lately.

As to the Telegraph, I gave up reading it months ago, as I am fed up with its anti-Boris editorial style and content.
I'm on the verge of stopping reading it. Yesterday's edition was a waste of money as I mainly read the paper and not the additional weekend sections.

I like Boris, but he does seem to be firing on 3 cylinders currently. My hope is that once Brexit is sorted one way or the other in the New Year & we know what our future with the EU looks like he can start focusing elsewhere.

TBF to him he’s walked into an utter sh*tstorm re Covid, then caught it & seems to have the entire MSM against him, but looking around I can’t see who would have done better in the circus?

as others have said elsewhere he has 4 years in any case to sort his sh*t out. Can’t see him being ousted anytime soon.

totally agree re Telegraph.

Latest Threads