Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Due to the fukwit general public who cannot or will not follow some simple rules and advice.

Yep - although I think the problem is partially related to population density. Which is why most of the hot spots are in the cities.

The medical experts outside of the government bubble have been suggesting an alternative strategy to the government's. Protect the vulnerable.

Then if the fukwits want to behave as such, let them. If an 18 year old mong wants to catch the virus and spend 2 weeks feeling like $hit, let him. He might learn some wisdom and he won't die from it.

But (for example) protect the care homes by preventing the minimum wage staff from working in multiple ones - possibly by supplementing their wages + test them daily. Stand a PCSO outside the entrance to enforce rules and fine care home management heavily for breaking the rules.

80% of the population are at minuscule risk of death from Covid 19 - let them get on with life, while throwing a safety net around those at genuinely risk of death.

Wordsmith

I will get in before The Chump gets in

1600961779934.png

I didn't take it as a dig at all and I don't consider him an enemy per se, just a sensationalist journo who might not be very accurate in his reporting as his, shall we say chequered past isn't very edifying either personally or more importantly professionally.

Are you talking about Bozo? Sounds like it.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Obviously not live now but may be of interest.
+++ Follow Rishi's Announcements Live +++ - Guido Fawkes
No doubt there will be continued calls from opposition to print more money. Said before, the NHS can absorb the whole GDP and more. It won't solve the inherent issues though.

Rishi is turning into a class act. He thinks on his feet, is innovative and is not afraid to change tack if circumstances change.

Would be that all government ministers showed similar traits.

Wordsmith

Rishi is turning into a class act. He thinks on his feet, is innovative and is not afraid to change tack if circumstances change.

Wordsmith
So Boris U-Turns when circumstances change, yet Rishi changes tack .
I can’t remember whether you’ve made the former statement TBH.

ETA: Ah, yes, you have - many times more than once.

Last edited:

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
So Boris U-Turns when circumstances change, yet Rishi changes tack .
I can’t remember whether you’ve made the former statement TBH.

ETA: Ah, yes, you have - many times more than once.

Johnson's performance is very variable. For Brexit, he's had a strategy and stuck to it. His negotiating strategy is the same now as it was when he won the December 2019 GE - set red lines and stick to them. Covid has been a mass of u-turns. A classic example being the exam results; it was 'we're going to stick to the downgraded results', followed by a few days later by "no, we're not". Granted that was Williamson's original f--- up, but for a decision of that political importance, I would have expected both the original and revised decision to have been agreed with BoJo.

Rishi came up with an original strategy for the original outbreak - put the economy on life support. Now, 6 months later, he's changed it to a different on; accept jobs are going to be lost when the furlough scheme ends, let zombie companies and non-jobs die and focus on keeping viable companies going.

The difference is in the timescales. One Rishi change of tack after 6 months; multiple BoJo Covid u-turns, often a few days after the original decision - while keeping to his Brexit strategy.

Wordsmith

Wordsmith
They have to throttle back on splurging money we don't have on stuff that may turn out to be more wastage. It's worrying and very damaging. I expected the IEA end of discussion optimism score to go below 5/10 this week. I haven't watched it yet. Some were still positive last week but there are still the usual calls from the opposition for more and more new money. I was impressed with Rishi previously but concerned about all this borrowing. BILLIONS on track and trace made me stop and wonder why? That seems an insane amount of money. Sometimes bean counters can be a good thing. I think the Conservatives, as a party, have been dragged left and replaced New Labour, so I'm worried about fiscal prudence and freedoms.

Looking just now, I note that John Redwood has published a letter from Rishi on his diary. I expect he will give his thoughts in due course.

Due to the fukwit general public who cannot or will not follow some simple rules and advice.

Not to mention that the scientific advice on the appropriate measures will change as the virus mutates. It's been noted that the virus is becoming more virulent. A change in circumstances requires a change in policy.

Latest Threads