Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm still waiting to find out when Boris was Prime Minster before this, our learned correspondent for the Boris Grr Daily is strangely reticent about this.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Capitalize sir and madam (and ma’am and dame) when starting a letter/email and when it comes before a name as an honorific. Lowercase sir and madam in other cases.
Not correct, go back and try again. 2/10 for effort.

Lord Dannatt is incorrect in his assertion that the military were not deployed on the streets between 1819 and 1969. They were deployed to South Wales by Churchill when he was Home Secretary during the miner's strike of 1910 - 11:

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Glasgow 1919, six tanks deployed as well.

The ruling elite has nearly got us where they want us.
They still miss the days when they could horse whip the peasantry with impunity.
How can it be safe to drink till ten? Yet dangerous at quarter past.
Pandemic ?? My hairy ******* arse.
Cheer up we'll soon be a police state.
Boris grrcunt. Is not fit for purpose.

Thank you presume you mean this definition of mentalist: a magician who performs feats that apparently demonstrate extraordinary mental powers, such as mind-reading.
People who write Boris Grrrr are witty types...someone writes Grrr - blame everyone else apart from Boris and they're a mentalist.....

Mentalist Brexit logic....

People who write Boris Grrrr are witty types...someone writes Grrr - blame everyone else apart from Boris and they're a mentalist.....

Mentalist Brexit logic....

It’s a very weak retort, that gives them comfort. Let them enjoy it.

SAGE appear to think that Boris is not doing enough in anticipation of the coronavirus surge and that, once again, he will be late out of the blocks.

It remains to be seen whether, once again, he meekly follows Nicola Sturgeon's lead. That is always such a good look.

SAGE appear to think that Boris is not doing enough in anticipation of the coronavirus surge and that, once again, he will be late out of the blocks.

It remains to be seen whether, once again, he meekly follows Nicola Sturgeon's lead. That is always such a good look.

I thought that a stitch in time saves nine?

If you think Sturgeon is doing a good job, you are the only one.

HCL

Old-Salt
The difference being that Bozo is in his late 50’s and isn’t a novice.

I beg to differ as I don't think there are many ex-PMs who act as mentors for new PM. It's a very different role to even being in the Cabinet. The only person a PM can talk to is HMQ, and God help us when she goes because PoW's is a complete duffer IMO.

And as an aside, when HMQ was newly crowned, she was shipped off in Britannia IIRC to tour the Commonwealth and she seemed to spend a lot of time with Queen Sālote in Tonga which was no accident.

rifleair

War Hero
What difference do you expect in 7 days, there are no extra officers, just those that have their leave and rest days cancelled or those that get moved from other forces and leave a shortfall there. No extra cells, no extra court sittings and no extra CPS lawyers to process cases.
You could try kettling them then releasing them one at a time with the requisite fine after obtaining their identity, no id means arrest, simples!

offog

LE
It makes you wonder why Boris seems so keen to hang on to her coat tails.
Go compare Yorkshire to Scotland (about the same population but with some larger cities) and see how well St Nicky did.

I beg to differ as I don't think there are many ex-PMs who act as mentors for new PM. It's a very different role to even being in the Cabinet. The only person a PM can talk to is HMQ, and God help us when she goes because PoW's is a complete duffer IMO.

And as an aside, when HMQ was newly crowned, she was shipped off in Britannia IIRC to tour the Commonwealth and she seemed to spend a lot of time with Queen Sālote in Tonga which was no accident.
Just to clarify, Britannia wasn’t launched until just before the Coronation, and commissioned in early 1954.
Royal passengers on her maiden voyage, into the Med, were HM Queen Mother, Prince Charles and Princess Anne who were travelling to meet their parents on their way home from the post-Coronation world tour.

Latest Threads