Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Sir Keir was fairly blunt about his party’s prior electoral performance…

“The Tories have had as many election winners in five years, as we’ve had in 75”

BoJo seems to have had a common sense bypass. Considering the blasting he's getting in much of the MSM, and the comments I've heard from friends and while out and about, the Tory polling figures are about to go steadily south as we go into a second lockdown

Which in turn will cause yet another u-turn as the policy wonks take fright.

The other problem he's got is going to be a loss of government authority - I can see the rules increasingly being flouted if deaths don't start increasing.

I'm for BoJo in most things, but I can't help but think he's making a massive fuster cluck of his Covid 19 response.

Wordsmith

ETA - I think he's also going to be on the wrong end of a Tory backbench rebellion. They'll join with the opposition for force him to put the legislation through parliament. Which I suspect will he highly embarrassing for BoJo. He'll end up being chastised by the opposition with limited support from his own back benches.
Bojo has not had a common sense bypass, he is simply unsuited to leadership. Easily led, desires to be liked, and untrustworthy. On all counts I wouldn't recommend the twat for lance jack, an RCB should laugh him out of court (I hope).

HCL

Old-Salt
Bojo has not had a common sense bypass, he is simply unsuited to leadership. Easily led, desires to be liked, and untrustworthy. On all counts I wouldn't recommend the twat for lance jack, an RCB should laugh him out of court (I hope).

You've just described most factory fresh Ruperts until their pl/Tp Sgts have got a grip of them.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I think you need to be a little more forensic, "Can't help thinking" is ok but do not underestimate the unity of effort currently underway in Whitehall. So whist much will be made of any change of tack the reality is that all efforts continue to be directed at managing the situation without trashing the economy completely. Thus far ( and we have yet to see the latest economy figures) the latter in particular trundle on.

What do you think could/ should have been done?

Say loud and clear, the public bear responsibility for behaving sensibly - we don't live in a nanny or a police state.

Acknowledge that the risk is minimal if you're below retirement age or without a serious underlying health condition. You're going to have an unpleasant week or two if you get the virus, but you're unlikely to die from it.

No restriction on those under 65 who are basically healthy.

Protect the vulnerable. Intensive testing at hospitals, care homes, etc. Give the elderly/vulnerable priority for on-line food deliveries - and if they're not internet capable, send a (tested) care worker in to help them.

Under 65, but in a household with a vulnerable person in it? You drew the short straw - either move out (with government assistance towards housing costs for a few months), or respect the same isolating regime as the elderly and vulnerable.

Heavy fines and imprisonment for blatant breaches of the rules; cautions for minor ones - but rack up multiple cautions and it's prison/fines.

That would seem a more sensible approach that the government's one.

Wordsmith

Truxx

LE
Say loud and clear, the public bear responsibility for behaving sensibly - we don't live in a nanny or a police state.

Acknowledge that the risk is minimal if you're below retirement age or without a serious underlying health condition. You're going to have an unpleasant week or two if you get the virus, but you're unlikely to die from it.

No restriction on those under 65 who are basically healthy.

Protect the vulnerable. Intensive testing at hospitals, care homes, etc. Give the elderly/vulnerable priority for on-line food deliveries - and if they're not internet capable, send a (tested) care worker in to help them.

Under 65, but in a household with a vulnerable person in it? You drew the short straw - either move out (with government assistance towards housing costs for a few months), or respect the same isolating regime as the elderly and vulnerable.

Heavy fines and imprisonment for blatant breaches of the rules; cautions for minor ones - but rack up multiple cautions and it's prison/fines.

That would seem a more sensible approach that the government's one.

Wordsmith
pretty much in line with what the PM said earlier then. A couple of detailed differences, the main one being that everyone should think about the e ffect of their actions on others. Plus he as good as promised further restrictions if bobbins are not screwed.

i would further submit that the 65 thing is a statistical red herring.

Chimp

ADC
Well Gov, turned on the telly at 8 an it woz like watchin Churchill it woz. Spent the rest of the evening self isolating in an Anderson Shelter. Gawd bless I’m.

If you wish to search back, or can remember his first televised speech, when he was being battered by the MSM, business leaders, and every other Anti Boris / Anti Tory / Anti lockdown / Anti anything

I said

He should use this speech to say something along the lines of.

1. You can all read the MSM

2. You can all hear the Business leaders.

3. Lockdown over, get back to work.

When it all goes Pete Tong, the NHS is overwhelmed, your loved ones start dying in greater numbers. Do not dare turn you ire and anguish towards me or this Government.

The blame lies fairly and squarely on the shoulders of the shrieking MSM / Business leaders and every other ragtag know nothing mouthpiece.

Sometimes you need to be f***ing cruel to be kind.

Latest Threads