Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
The fact that Twitter is the first port of call in the 'debate' tells us all we need to know.
Another one who doesn't need to learn anything. Well impressed with the levels of knowledge around complex subjects here.

Hasn't been for quite a long time.
And the article is full of allegedly and sources so about normal Mail accuracy

I've always accepted the Wail as a highly questionable source, but it seems now that even media bias about it is confused.

'The Daily Mail is a known supporter of the Conservatives. They are also one of the pro-Brexit tabloids and according to a Reuters article, the Daily Mail published a controversial headline in response to a Brexit Court ruling criticizing the judges, by branding them as ‘enemies of the people’. According to CNBC, the Daily Mail also has been criticized by Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales for publishing fake news articles and “hyped up” headlines and “mastered the art of running stories that aren’t true’”. Further, CNBC reported that DMG media responded by saying “DailyMail.com is the very antithesis of click-bait and hype headlines. We just tell stories better than anyone else.”

I’m sure he won’t starve, be homeless or lose his job. Let’s hope he squirrelled away some savings during the good times.
Imagine applying for a job and not being aware of the salary?

I've always accepted the Wail as a highly questionable source, but it seems now that even media bias about it is confused.

'The Daily Mail is a known supporter of the Conservatives. They are also one of the pro-Brexit tabloids and according to a Reuters article, the Daily Mail published a controversial headline in response to a Brexit Court ruling criticizing the judges, by branding them as ‘enemies of the people’. According to CNBC, the Daily Mail also has been criticized by Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales for publishing fake news articles and “hyped up” headlines and “mastered the art of running stories that aren’t true’”. Further, CNBC reported that DMG media responded by saying “DailyMail.com is the very antithesis of click-bait and hype headlines. We just tell stories better than anyone else.”

Geordie Greig a different kettle of fish to Dacre though, I'll bet his monitor isn't spittle flecked for a start.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

Changed editor or similar a while back I don't know when but I suspect after it was last checked.

Changed editor or similar a while back I don't know when but I suspect after it was last checked.

Hasn't done anything for the quality of their 'journalism' though.

Date format appears to be US MM/DD/YYYY - Overall, we rate Daily Mail Right Biased and Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor sourcing of information. (7/19/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 9/03/2020)

Date format appears to be US MM/DD/YYYY - Overall, we rate Daily Mail Right Biased and Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor sourcing of information. (7/19/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 9/03/2020)
Don't think their business model relies on journalism much and they're good at what they do. Which is pandering to the petty prejudices of the middle classes.

Oyibo

LE

The editor of the Wail changed way before 2020, and after 2016. It changed its stance a while back (as did The Times)

Geordie Greig a different kettle of fish to Dacre though, I'll bet his monitor isn't spittle flecked for a start.

Geordie Greig is,anti-Brexit,anti-Boris and dare I say,anti-anybody with a differing point of view to him,and has been since departing the Mail on Sunday for the Mail. :rolleyes:

Don't think their business model relies on journalism much and they're good at what they do. Which is pandering to the petty prejudices of the middle classes.

Must be a humungous middle class then, biggest circulation/sales of any British newspaper in the UK !

Could it be that,despite your stereotyping,some of the 'lower classes' are, sneakily buying the Mail and, putting it inside one of the 'red tops' to read, so that the rest of the 'prols' don't catch on ? ;-)

Could it be that, despite your stereotyping some of the 'lower classes' are, sneakily buying the Mail and, putting it inside one of the 'red tops' to read, so that the rest of the 'prols' don't catch on ? ;-)

Indeed

Most Sun readers also buy the Mail :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It is rather telling that The Star has more than double the circulation of the Graun

Geordie Greig is,anti-Brexit,anti-Boris and dare I say,anti-anybody with a differing point of view to him,and has been since departing the Mail on Sunday for the Mail. :rolleyes:
I don't think he's published any anti Brexit pieces since becoming editor. Hi brief was to bring back middle England, only the owners will know how successful he's been so far.

Truxx

LE
Your case being that we don't need no steenkin' experts who know what they're talking about? Far better to listen to the PM who has never ever fibbed in his life and, politicians lie to us anyway so we may as well just suck it up?

That case? Did you read the thread? Rhetorical.
Your failure to register the point being made, a point observed by many others without any prompting from me, is of no concern to anyone.

You might wish to reflect on it, however. Although this far in I would think that unlikely.

Must be a humungous middle class then, biggest circulation/sales of any British newspaper in the UK !

Could it be that,despite your stereotyping,some of the 'lower classes' are, sneakily buying the Mail and, putting it inside one of the 'red tops' to read, so that the rest of the 'prols' don't catch on ? ;-)
Nothing wrong with aspirational buying ;-) The stereotyping is entirely deliberate, we're all middle calss now aren't we? Apart from the disenfranchised of course, who we need to beat with a stick when we run out of migrants as being the the root of all evil...apart from when we need their votes for Brexit...
Indeed

Most Sun readers also buy the Mail :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It is rather telling that The Star has more than double the circulation of the Graun
UK circulation has been falling massively across the board - around 50% over 20 years. The Independent/Grauniad readers moved to the i paper for the most part, perhaps why Rothermere/DMGT bought it.

Your failure to register the point being made, a point observed by many others without any prompting from me, is of no concern to anyone.

You might wish to reflect on it, however. Although this far in I would think that unlikely.
Ditto

Latest Threads