Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Well as you had to be helped with whether you could make an arrest or not before I was just helping you again. You stick to headlines though as is your wont.

When did I have a problem about whether I could make an arrest?

Or are you conflating that with the power of entry lack of that would make it impossible to even speak to people about the matter?

Autocracies such as China, Russia etc., do not respond in the slightest to diplomatic soft soaping and encouragement. We are no longer in a position to send in the gunboats, so the only possible leverage left is economic.

I don't know about the records of France and Germany in this respect, but the UK is only capable now of talking a good job. We still trade lavishly with the likes of China (predominantly one way traffic) and Saudi Arabia (arms and technology), while dirty Russian money fills the vaults of British banks.

Many old-established, formerly British businesses are now in the hands of Chinese concerns.

London is filled with properties owned by citizens and functionaries of Russia, China, Saudi Arabia and other politically undesirable Arab potentates.

Murder is committed on our streets by agents of the Russian state, apparently with very little consequence to them.

I cannot single out Boris Johnson as the only one who is quite prepared to sit on his hands. This situation has pertained for years, under a variety of administrations. However, I can see nothing at all in the man that suggests to me that he would be the one to break the mould.

We'll always talk a good job, but assorted world dictatorships are only too aware that they have nothing whatsoever to fear from us. They know that we a very small and diminishing power and, more crucially, that we have our price.

Despite the depressing tone of your post, a lot of which I concede, I cannot but help feeling that there resides still, within the core of this country, the values which has made it great.

It/they, has been diluted by time, a new generation, and a vast influx of immigrants... but we were the greatest Empire that has existed: let us not completely discount past achievements.

Britain has contributed in the past massively to the progress that has been achieved to the present day by mankind in general. That we are diminished, that we are a faded remnant of what we have been, does not mean that we have forgotten completely who we were, what we stand for, and ,that we would be free again to decide what future we wish to have.

Despite the depressing tone of your post, a lot of which I concede, I cannot but help feeling that there resides still, within the core of this country, the values which has made it great.

It/they, has been diluted by time, a new generation, and a vast influx of immigrants... but we were the greatest Empire that has existed: let us not completely discount past achievements.

Britain has contributed in the past massively to the progress that has been achieved to the present day by mankind in general. That we are diminished, that we are a faded remnant of what we have been, does not mean that we have forgotten completely who we were, what we stand for, and ,that we would be free again to decide what future we wish to have.
Yeah...those values like grouse shoots not counting and phoning in to grass on your neighbours?

All sounds lovely, but in what way is any of this nostalgia going to encourage the likes of China and Russia to get their heels together?

My case rests

Surely whether a headline or a Tweet is posted is irrelevant. It’s whether the content of that article or Tweet is true or not that should be examined and debated.

When someone automatically attacks the publication or the author, without addressing the content, it always looks like that is their only line of debate and comes across as weak.

I’m not particularly directing the last paragraph at you.

Surely whether a headline or a Tweet is posted is irrelevant. It’s whether the content of that article or Tweet is true or not that should be examined and debated.

When someone automatically attacks the publication or the author, without addressing the content, it always looks like that is their only line of debate and comes across as weak.

The fact that Twitter is the first port of call in the 'debate' tells us all we need to know.

Truxx

LE

Said a man who posts articles after only reading the headline.

My objection is where all a post contains is a link which may or may not be someone else's view, rather than using a link to evidence the view or opinion of the actual poster.

But that of course is just my opinion.

All sounds lovely, but in what way is any of this nostalgia going to encourage the likes of China and Russia to get their heels together?

In much the same way that it prevented the UK and US from embarking on what is almost universally deemed to have been an unlawful conflict in the Gulf.

Nostalgia, it's not what it used to be.

No way.

Nothing short of brute force, and the US is the only one who possesses that

China wants to be the worlds next superpower, Russia will be holding her coat. The race has never stopped and we are somewhere in the crowd behind the US.

Right now it is only a coalition of the West...already fractured and pretty toothless, the US, Japan Australia NZ and a pretty feeble Canada

It is nostalgia but Nations, like people have characters. China and Russia have both in the past wiped out millions of their own people and have less than fluffy caring manners, and zero concerns about human rights.

If/when they rise to the top, nostalgia will be all we have left, that is, if there is anything left, if a major conflict breaks out.

In the meantime we live on borrowed time.

One can either be positive...or doom and gloom.

Whats your choice?

HCL

Old-Salt
Nice to see what's on your mind so much (****)sock.

tenor.gif

I thought the Wail was meant to be pro-Boris?

'As if Brexit and coronavirus were not enough… Boris is 'broke'! 'Subdued' PM 'worries about money' after salary shrank to £150k - 'leaving him unable to afford housekeeper or nanny for baby Wilfred' (while supporting four of his other six children).'

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

'As if Brexit and coronavirus were not enough… Boris is 'broke'! 'Subdued' PM 'worries about money' after salary shrank to £150k - 'leaving him unable to afford housekeeper or nanny for baby Wilfred' (while supporting four of his other six children).'

Hasn't been for quite a long time.
And the article is full of allegedly and sources so about normal Mail accuracy

I’m sure he won’t starve, be homeless or lose his job. Let’s hope he squirrelled away some savings during the good times.

My case rests
Your case being that we don't need no steenkin' experts who know what they're talking about? Far better to listen to the PM who has never ever fibbed in his life and, politicians lie to us anyway so we may as well just suck it up?

That case? Did you read the thread? Rhetorical.

Latest Threads