Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If that sort of attack on Bojo is all his detractor's can come up with then I don't think he has much to worry him of an evening.

Truxx

LE
If that sort of attack on Bojo is all his detractor's can come up with then I don't think he has much to worry him of an evening.
Especially as none of them ask where the £39bn (plus another slack handfuls of billions for the extension) is coming from.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Especially as none of them ask where the £39bn (plus another slack handfuls of billions for the extension) is coming from.
This is where Hammond will be spitting bullets. While he was Chancellor he built up a nice wee pile, despite his protestations that he had not, and once BoJo go into No 10 and asked Javid to look at the books he knew he was able to make predictions and promises. Hammond can't stop him how he has been pushed.

Mufulira

Old-Salt

I can help you for the princely sum of F*ck All.

1. Caught carrying a knife - Automatic 10 years up your hoop.

2. Caught carrying a gun - Automatic 20 years up your hoop.

3. Caught USING those weapons - Automatic life.

4. Defense lawyers - You want bail for your scumbag client ? No problem, if he commits any other offence whilst on bail - Guess who is going to the slammer with him ?
We are going thro' a similar frenzy in Canada over perhaps banning assault rifles and or handguns -- the biggie is that gun crimes are done by criminals who never register their firearms or take the Gun Safety Courses. The previous gov't wanted a minimum 10 year sentence for carrying a gun during a crime but the civil rights crowd went absolutely bonkers over such savage treatment and so the Libs scrapped that one. Result 20 odd people shot in Toronto in a few days. All the guns could be banned but crims will always source their needs elsewhere and carry on as before.

So we are heading for a GE:

Bring it on I say :)
Hopefully after we leave, whether now or by 31/10. If the PM goes to the polls before Brexit is delivered, I am not sure how it will go.

Hopefully after we leave, whether now or by 31/10. If the PM goes to the polls before Brexit is delivered, I am not sure how it will go.
I'm getting more confident, by the day, that BoJo will be successful in a GE, but a tad concerned he hasn't moved against the hard-core bring the government down so-called tory MPs yet.

I'm getting more confident, by the day, that BoJo will be successful in a GE, but a tad concerned he hasn't moved against the hard-core bring the government down so-called tory MPs yet.
I recently read (in the Telegraph, I think) that the PM is having a series of lunches with those doubters [of Brexit] who may be persuaded back on side. Carrot before stick then, perhaps? If that fails, his policy could then be 'Sign up to backing Brexit or don' t be an official Tory candidate '.

endure

GCM
I recently read (in the Telegraph, I think) that the PM is having a series of lunches with those doubters [of Brexit] who may be persuaded back on side. Carrot before stick then, perhaps? If that fails, his policy could then be 'Sign up to backing Brexit or don' t be an official Tory candidate '.

It's the constituencies who decide who the Tory candidate for elections is not the PM.

ugly

LE
It's the constituencies who decide who the Tory candidate for elections is not the PM.
Without a whip they would be fighting against official candidates put forward by central office. If cmd can have all female lists boris can impose all Brexit lists

Yep, but HQ has influence. Fair point however.
Even at constituency level, it will be difficult to stand as an anti-Brexit Tory. It might be done by Tories in v pro-EU areas?

From the available candidates. Which would not include any Tory MP who had had the whip withdrawn.

Latest Threads