Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
It is exactly that, because the question is a 'closed' question and demanding a binary reply allows for no clarification or broadening of the question.
:cool:
Hilarious.
A self confessed 'Brexiteer' who didn't like the way the referendum was conducted.
Did you know what you were voting for? I did. The government even spent £9 million of our money on a pamphlet to explain how we were all going to die.
You ain't no Brexiteer, bro.

Last edited:
As a brexiteer then, you presumably believed May, who was an ardent remainer who had campaigned to remain, when she was parachuted in by the Tories without a member vote, and who then told us she would do everything she could do to get Brexit done? "Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed." She maintained a cabinet of remainers and shat on any token leavers. Did you believe her?
Why on earth as a Brexiteer would I have believed Theresa May? Did you believe her?

It is exactly that, because the question is a 'closed' question and demanding a binary reply allows for no clarification or broadening of the question.
You stated quite clearly that Boris had not supported Brexit previously. You stated that if he seen greener pastures he would be off like a shot.
To date is Boris getting Brexit done?
Has it been an easy walk in the park or has it been difficult and combined with a world pandemic which is causing chaos?
Binary answer for me is yes and yes. If he was the sort of chancer you suggest he'd have done a Cameron by now. Instead we (well maybe just me) see him battling to get the UK through Brexit and Covid.

Why on earth as a Brexiteer would I have believed Theresa May? Did you believe her?
It doesn't matter whether I did or didn't. I had no choice in her appointment. I joined the Tories immediately as I knew she wouldn't last long and I voted for Boris who was the best Brexit choice, regardless of what you think of him.
The way the MSM were demonising him was enough for me to support him. Fvck me mate, they were hold Worwy Stewart up as the next messiah!
The continued efforts of the left and remainers to unseat Boris is sufficient for me to put my trust in his government.

HCL

Old-Salt
View attachment 504792

This is the point I have always made against Boris Johnson and I speak as a Brexiteer. He was not someone who had a history of commitment to leaving the EU. His 'damascene conversion' took place days before the referendum campaign started.

His overarching consideration has always been one of obtaining personal power (preferably involving as little effort on his part as possible) and he made the decision that jumping to the Brexit side of the argument would be the best way of achieving this. Many Boris observers and his colleagues could see this (and they were not all remainers) and said as much at the time.

When he tires of things or sees more interesting opportunities elsewhere, he will dump the premiership and Brexit (whether or not it is with the encouragement or assistance of others) and move on to the next thing.

His qualities as a fraud and a chancer are undeniable. They were sufficient, at least, to take in many here.
I quite like that Boris is the nearest thing to a real life Flashman becoming PM. Just think about that for a minute or two, and I mean really think about having such a bounder in charge. Life will be interesting not only for us but more so for all those Johny Foreigners.

Oyibo

LE
It's not comparable because your wife beating question means that the respondent is guilty whatever the answer.

Asking whether BJ is getting brexit done as a binary question is perfectly reasonable.

Is Bojo getting brexit done? Yes or no?

It's not comparable because your wife beating question means that the respondent is guilty whatever the answer.

Asking whether BJ is getting brexit done as a binary question is perfectly reasonable.

Brexit has already been 'done' it occurred on 31st January 2020. We are simply in a transitional period where our future relationship will be agreed by 31st December 2020. We are not negotiating to leave the EU, we already have.

It's still a closed question. It was not his shout.

I've stated this many times. It was the electorate who got Brexit done; firstly though a referendum (which was largely disregarded) and finally through the 2019 GE, which was predominantly a single issue election for the Tories, based around the Brexit issue.

Nigel Farage and the electoral threat posed to the Tories by UKIP got us the referendum (via the mistakenly vainglorious remainer David Cameron).

Boris was then a part of a government and the party in power that dithered aimlessly for 3.5 years after the EU referendum.

Thank the electorate.

I've stated this many times. It was the electorate who got Brexit done; firstly though a referendum (which was largely disregarded) and finally through the 2019 GE, which was predominantly a single issue election for the Tories, based around the Brexit issue.

Nigel Farage and the electoral threat posed to the Tories by UKIP got us the referendum (via the mistakenly vainglorious remainer David Cameron).

Boris was then a part of a government and the party in power that dithered aimlessly for 3.5 years after the EU referendum.

Thank the electorate.
The electorate voted for a government to get Brexit done, the electorate have taken no part in the proceedings, no negotiation, no writing of treaties etc. The government (or Tory party) elected Boris to head the government. So however you slice it the electorate did their bit and stood back expecting Boris to crack on. I liken it to pregnancy, the man does his bit for a minute (or two if he has staying power) and then stands back whilst the female gestates.

Oyibo

LE

Thank the electorate.
It is a closed question, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I take issue with you saying it is all down to the electorate - If May or Cameron had remained (SWIDT) in power, then it would have been BRINO, and no amount of complaints from the electorate would have changed it. BJ is most definitely getting brexit done IMO.

Thank the electorate.
You must have missed Boris' humiliation by the largely remain parliament whilst trying to govern with a cabinet of remainers. You must have also missed that Cox advised that it was OK to prorogue parliament, which ended in another shiitfest of media and opposition howling.
You don't pay much attention as a 'Brexiteer', do you.

Chimp

ADC
Ask yourself this question. Is Boris getting Brexit done? It's a binary answer.
Your question is a bit like "does my face look better without a nose?"

Latest Threads