Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
This may have been posted before, if so apologies, but it seems that Boris was not telling porkies at all.

This has smoked out the perfidious EU bastards and vindicated BoJo's actions in bringing forward the Internal Market Bill.

Once caught out the EU are quick to fold - especially at this late day.

Well done Boris!
Shades of the summer of 1940.

Truxx

LE
This may have been posted before, if so apologies, but it seems that Boris was not telling porkies at all.

This has smoked out the perfidious EU bastards and vindicated BoJo's actions in bringing forward the Internal Market Bill.

Once caught out the EU are quick to fold - especially at this late day.

Well done Boris!
Fox shot.

well played the home team.

what next I wonder?

Chimp

ADC
If you’re attempting to troll, then you’re just embarrassing yourself.

If (at this stage in the negotiations) you still think that breaking from the EU is a bad idea, then you’re just plain stupid.
Fair enough:
1600208634768.jpeg

Chimp

ADC
What makes you think I have any political affiliation?

If you oppose Brexit just because you think it's a party-political issue, then you're even dumber than I thought.
None at all, just interesting to see how times change. I have known some real left wingers who were ardent Brexiteers who would put up exceptionally well thought out arguments fo leaving the EU based on their doctrinally held beliefs. They were far more compelling than the emotional jingoistic views, and while I disagreed with them, you could have a decent argument.
i genuinely hope it will all be ok but I don’t think it will be. If Trump doesn’t get re-elected things for the UK could become critical. Now how are folks going to reconcile themselves over that, especially as I believe it is what the PM is counting on.
Trump remaining in power appeared slightly more possible given events in the ME today, BUT, and it’s a big but, will American voters be swayed, or will it be more heavy handed policing in the Homeland that wins the day.

Chimp

ADC
1600210054961.jpeg

Theresa May was part of a game plan that predates the referendum?

Which would mean Boris is too.

Cor, blimey, guv, say it isn't so that the Wee Frees are on the ball ablut predeterminism after all.

<seriously> I've read some cr@p on this site, as have we all, I've posted it too but I'd never thought I'd ever get away with such a steaming pile.</seriously>

Bejeebus, we have a true child of Delphi among us. Praise da lard.
No he's got that wrong, the Game plan was that Cameron should get the concessions from Brussels, that would make Cameron look brilliant. Then there would be no referendum. Now if people don't think that this was a party game gone wrong they should give their heads a wobble. Blair hadn't come out of EU negs that well either. May was never in that, as HO and basically she was landed with the Lisbon agreement- which is now slowly being shredded by others. If one looks back at 05-08 period one can detect the traces . In that sense he's partly correct.

View attachment 504792

This is the point I have always made against Boris Johnson and I speak as a Brexiteer. He was not someone who had a history of commitment to leaving the EU. His 'damascene conversion' took place days before the referendum campaign started.

His overarching consideration has always been one of obtaining personal power (preferably involving as little effort on his part as possible) and he made the decision that jumping to the Brexit side of the argument would be the best way of achieving this. Many Boris observers and his colleagues could see this (and they were not all remainers) and said as much at the time.

When he tires of things or sees more interesting opportunities elsewhere, he will dump the premiership and Brexit (whether or not it is with the encouragement or assistance of others) and move on to the next thing.

His qualities as a fraud and a chancer are undeniable. They were sufficient, at least, to take in many here.

View attachment 504792

This is the point I have always made against Boris Johnson and I speak as a Brexiteer. He was not someone who had a history of commitment to leaving the EU. His 'damascene conversion' took place days before the referendum campaign started.

His overarching consideration has always been one of obtaining personal power (preferably involving as little effort on his part as possible) and he made the decision that jumping to the Brexit side of the argument would be the best way of achieving this. Many Boris observers and his colleagues could see this (and they were not all remainers) and said as much at the time.

When he tires of things or sees more interesting opportunities elsewhere, he will dump the premiership and Brexit (whether or not it is with the encouragement or assistance of others) and move on to the next thing.

His qualities as a fraud and a chancer are undeniable. They were sufficient, at least, to take in many here.
Ask yourself this question. Is Boris getting Brexit done? It's a binary answer.

View attachment 504792

As a brexiteer then, you presumably believed May, who was an ardent remainer who had campaigned to remain, when she was parachuted in by the Tories without a member vote, and who then told us she would do everything she could do to get Brexit done? "Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed." She maintained a cabinet of remainers and shat on any token leavers. Did you believe her?

Latest Threads