Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
It could ... depending on if the U.K. drops (or doesn’t keep up to date with) EU food standards

why else .... because the U.K. has failed to put the infrastructure in place in order to implement it
The integrity or otherwise of the Eurozone isn't our problem, it is, however, a pressing issue for Dublin, particularly given the skill and resource shown in taking advantage of border anomalies by those who inhabit the Emerald Isle.

I suspect that some chlorinated chickens will shortly be coming home to roost.

skeetstar

Old-Salt
Parallels here with Mays backstop. We were told it needed to be in place, but not to worry, it would never get implemented.
Now there is a 'backstop' that we want, but would only be implemented were the EU to act in bad faith, remainers bleat on about principle, international law, pariah status etc amid a widespread fit of the vapours.

Do you have a link for that or minutes of a meeting that show that?
here, read his twitter feed for yourself - his 7 twets in response to barnier this week
1600171049622.png

1600171091931.png

1600171143251.png

' I am afraid it has also been said to us explicitly in these talks that if we are not listed we will not be able to move food to Northern Ireland. '

Of course he is, he only asked because he know that no evidence, if it exists, can be presented.

That's means he can point and go "Aha! No evidence didn't happen, liar liar pants on fire!"

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
evidence has been provided in my later post

crow_bag

Old-Salt
evidence has been provided in my later post
Yes, but at the moment it is only he said he said.

Although as has already been discussed, if these threats hadn't been made Barnier, the EU, and every remainer in the UK would have been climbing over each other to deny it.

Therein lies the problem with you and your kine.
You’ll only read what you want to read and hear what you want to hear, with no consideration given to what is actually written and said, no consideration of context and no attempt at comprehension.
To be fair, that’s an accusation that can be made of some people on both sides of the issue.

Chimp

ADC
Therein lies the problem with you and your kine.
You’ll only read what you want to read and hear what you want to hear, with no consideration given to what is actually written and said, no consideration of context and no attempt at comprehension.
1600184987530.png

Yes, but at the moment it is only he said he said.

Although as has already been discussed, if these threats hadn't been made Barnier, the EU, and every remainer in the UK would have been climbing over each other to deny it.

well, i'm going to give our side the benefit of the doubt over the enemy every time, i dont believe bojo would have had to do this if there wasnt that explicit threat plus the EU needed a wakeup call that we are a sovereign nation and they can get fecked! Its also important to note that the announcement of this weeks trade deal with the worlds third largest economy (japan) without all this EU pish , demands and threats which has amptly demonstrated that the remainer lies were just that, the UK will not be an isolated little island with no friends! we have to appreciate that many countries hate the EU protectionism and general pish and there are far more of them than there are of the EU - particularly the very few who are net contributors!

HCL

Old-Salt
It's always been the game plan, going back to pre referendum.
Theresa May was part of a game plan that predates the referendum?

Which would mean Boris is too.

Cor, blimey, guv, say it isn't so that the Wee Frees are on the ball ablut predeterminism after all.

<seriously> I've read some cr@p on this site, as have we all, I've posted it too but I'd never thought I'd ever get away with such a steaming pile.</seriously>

Bejeebus, we have a true child of Delphi among us. Praise da lard.

I'll just leave this here for the belters

Why

I would doubt that future food rules will even have contemplated by November, so a bit difficult to tell anyone, let alone the EU what they might be.

So belters.

Do you still think that the EU has been negotiating in good faith ?
The French have been trying to prevent British imports for years , WHILST we were members of the EU ...
2015 This lorry originated from Scotland , Oh ! the Irony !
1990 The lorry originated from Scotland , I see a pattern here ....

The latest broadside from Barnier is a protectionist play by the EU .
Even if our food standards remained pegged to theirs , the roadblocks of burning tyres will appear as if by magic on New Year's day 2021 , and it would appear Scotland will carry on suffering the most

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The French have been trying to prevent British imports for years , WHILST we were members of the EU ...

Even if our food standards remained pegged to theirs , the roadblocks of burning tyres will appear as if by magic on New Year's day 2021 , and it would appear Scotland will carry on suffering the most
Good to see the Auld Alliance is going splendidly still

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

I've said it before and happy to say this again, Barnier is negotiating for his home country France, not the EU. If the EU benefits from his negotiations he will take the credit but all his work has been to protect France.

Just my opinion.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This may have been posted before, if so apologies, but it seems that Boris was not telling porkies at all.

This has smoked out the perfidious EU bastards and vindicated BoJo's actions in bringing forward the Internal Market Bill.

Once caught out the EU are quick to fold - especially at this late day.

Well done Boris!

Truxx

LE
This may have been posted before, if so apologies, but it seems that Boris was not telling porkies at all.

This has smoked out the perfidious EU bastards and vindicated BoJo's actions in bringing forward the Internal Market Bill.

Once caught out the EU are quick to fold - especially at this late day.

Well done Boris!
Fox shot.

well played the home team.

what next I wonder?

ETA although I am unsure as to which is worse, a media determined not to look at the facts or a government unable/unwilling to get out there and win the debate before it gets legs.

Latest Threads