Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He is there now which makes all the other what if threads in the Tory Party redundant. This new thread is to replace, not add to them

He is making probably the most ambitious speech by an incoming PM for many a long time.

Let's see how that pans out and this can be disçssed here.

Can't accuse the chap of not going all-in in piling pressure on himself with this speech.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It sounds like has got a monopoly on the magic money tree.
Well he does not have Hammond now, hanging on to the money so it can be siphoned over to Brussels!

He is putting an extremely ambitious plan forward, and with a majority of just two. Very brave but good to hear.

I suspect that he has an eyesight problem. He is flipping the pages like a demented chip, so his speech must be in 24 or 36 point text.

ADBO

LE
He wrote a book: "The Churchill Factor: How One man Made History" and while it's a pretty good read, I always saw him as someone desperately trying to emulate Churchill rather than be his own man. Looking at the UK from the safety of Canada, he's got a massive undertaking before him - deliver Brexit, unite the party and then the country.

I wish him well, but sense that it'll get worse before it gets better...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Breath of fresh air
or
Cold wind of fate?

Time will tell !

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I suspect that he has an eyesight problem. He is flipping the pages like a demented chip, so his speech must be in 24 or 36 point text.
Most are these days, if they can't be flipped up on screens.

He is there now which makes all the other what if threads in the Tory Party redundant. This new thread is to replace, not add to them

He is making probably the most ambitious speech by an incoming PM for many a long time.

Let's see how that pans out and this can be disçssed here.
I would have loved his first act to have been ejecting gobshite from Westminster green!
He seems to have his mojo back - I just hope the likes of Hammond et al don’t suck the life out of him.
I wonder if he’ll reach out to other Party leaders and offer them a part to play? This Country has been divided long enough and is crying out for a new, united approach. I wish him all the very best, but I don’t think it will be long before the doubters and nay sayers start to circle the ship.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
First commentator out up by the BBC is from the Observer - not huge Tory/BoJo fans. Typical bloody BBC.

He wrote a book: "The Churchill Factor: How One man Made History" and while it's a pretty good read, I always saw him as someone desperately trying to emulate Churchill rather than be his own man. Looking at the UK from the safety of Canada, he's got a massive undertaking before him - deliver Brexit, unite the party and then the country.

I wish him well, but sense that it'll get worse before it gets better...
There was a rehash of Churchills ' Fight them on the beaches ' Speech during that first one outside No. 10

20000 new cops, recruiting to start forthwith.

Proper coppers or PCSO?

Well he does not have Hammond now, hanging on to the money so it can be siphoned over to Brussels!

He is putting an extremely ambitious plan forward, and with a majority of just two. Very brave but good to hear.
How will he cope without Phil "Interesting" Hammond and his smiley happy go lucky attitude?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Been doing it for years, really....

In no particular order, May, Hammond and Duncan on course for that little minor planet Pluto.

Hail to The Chief - Boris now PM.
Upset/Resigned Ex Ministers on the Back Benches ready to unrail Brexit.
Boris is in for a rough ride in Parliament & more so in the EU Parliament.

If Boris tries to close parliament over Brexit and lost a No Confidence vote he could be finished.
Lose a General Election to Corbyn over remaining and he would be history.

Interesting times ahead and no PM settling period like Mrs May got!

Latest Threads