Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Boris Johnson referred again for breaching Covid rules

I'm focussing on the "who is doing the what" because of the repeated and sustained attempts to deflect from the "who is doing the what".
So I’m right in concluding that you views on if the “what” is acceptable or not are driven by the “who” doing it.

That’s wrong.

It surpasses belief that the "what" can become reasonable based on the "who" but that's the sum total of your argument. The "what" in this case was never reasonable, any more than Trump's 'injecting disinfectant' was. Any functioning adult knows that, regardless of whether they can explain why.
As a functioning adult, I disagree. As I pointed out yesterday, I can see a certain amount of logic in the “hair dryer up the nose” thinking (despite me disagreeing with it). I also pointed out that modern western society requires leaders and experts to take a “No, because…” rather than a traditional “Trust me, I’m better than you” approach when leading the public. That means it is essential for anyone refuting stupid ideas is able to convincingly articulate why it’s a stupid idea to a possibly sceptical and mistrusting audience.

My 30 years of answering stupid questions from squaddies, matelots and crabs is the cause of my belief in the need for the “No, because…” approach, because they will happily rip you apart if you’re not on top of your brief.

But I do agree that the ”injecting bleach“ idea is a bit Daggenham (one stop beyond Barking).

Because amateur hour won’t cut it with that level of delusion.
total bollox. Most of the IT experts are coining it because they've engineered their own salvation
Haven’t you answered your own question?
So why not use the proper format
Leadership has its foundations in integrity. With Trolley, the parable of the house built upon the sand springs to mind.
No it doesn't, we would like to think so. I've never heard of Trolley but I've heard of cause and effect and it's as old as the hills.

Ah, you’re of the Arnold Rimner school of thought: every major battle in history has been won by the side with the shortest haircuts. Vietnam, crew cuts all round, score draw.

I hate to break it to you, but Rimmer shouldn’t be your role model.
Eh? You misjudged that one, floppy hair is all the fat lying git has going for him!
At a time of crisis, when a PM might have to publicly refute stupid ideas, would you rather have a PM who spends 30 seconds asking an expert, or one who takes a lot of time out doing in-depth obscure research?
I’d prefer he apply some thought and judgment and use his 6 minute blocks of time far, far more effectively. But I realise that is asking far too much of Trolley.

If it wasn’t for the fact his advisors and ministers were deliberately chosen to be even greater halfwits I suppose him wasting his own and others time might have reduced the damage he could do whilst others carried the load. But as the inquiry is making very clear, there was no competence or intelligence in Downing St at all.

At which point the bloke in a shed making decisions who doesn’t really believe in anything starts to seem very appealing in contrast to Trolley and the other fkwits.
Like others, you are obsessing on the “who”, not looking at the “what”.

I wonder if it’s because you have a problem with people who have copious hair. Your behaviour suggests you have a ginger comb-over that won’t stay in place, and you are jealous of Boris‘s bouffant.

Is wayward ginger comb over a freudian slip? Tbh, I wouldn’t think less of you if it were…
(Hey, you’re the one suggesting a link between hair style and behaviour. :mrgreen:)

If it wasn’t for the fact his advisors and ministers were deliberately chosen to be even greater halfwits
That's true. It's an acknowledged fact that if they know anything about their brief, they are moved toute suite. It follows that any person who wishes to be a Minister should be held in contempt

Eh? You misjudged that one, floppy hair is all the fat lying git has going for him!

I’d prefer he apply some thought and judgment and use his 6 minute blocks of time far, far more effectively. But I realise that is asking far too much of Trolley.

If it wasn’t for the fact his advisors and ministers were deliberately chosen to be even greater halfwits I suppose him wasting his own and others time might have reduced the damage he could do whilst others carried the load. But as the inquiry is making very clear, there was no competence or intelligence in Downing St at all.

At which point the bloke in a shed making decisions who doesn’t really believe in anything starts to seem very appealing in contrast to Trolley and the other fkwits.
So grrrr?
Is wayward ginger comb over a freudian slip? Tbh, I wouldn’t think less of you if it were…
Afraid not; this is more my look…

IMG_0673.jpeg

So grrrr?
You asked!
Afraid not; this is more my look…

View attachment 783453
Well, not everyone can be a gazelle.
total bollox. Most of the IT experts are coining it because they've engineered their own salvation
Err the topic was people believing in a global pharmaeutical conspiracy and me suggesting professional support for that. How are we on IT now?

Can I bring in the cheesmakers to this panopoly of trades? Because blessed be them.
So why not use the proper format
Is it in JSP101? Although I’ve no idea what you’re on about tbh. Do you know?
No it doesn't, we would like to think so.
Experience suggests otherwise. People dont like being lied to and they tend to turn on you. As Trolley found out.
I've never heard of Trolley but I've heard of cause and effect and it's as old as the hills.
Trolley is the fat lying git at the centre of this thread. Called that by the very people closest to his “leadership”. Cause and effect indeed- Fail to serve, fail to lead and off you go.

Err the topic was people believing in a global pharmaeutical conspiracy and me suggesting professional support for that. How are we on IT now?
just a random point, but to be specific-let's just remember that the Health experts had no pretty much no clue at the start and didn't Boris have to defer to scientific advice. errr Nul point there. Not helped by the WHO.
Is it in JSP101? Although I’ve no idea what you’re on about tbh. Do you know?
You said Solutionise, I said solve, what has JSP101 got to do with that whatever it is?

You’re proving my point - no matter what the “who” does, you’ll just condemn them and whatever they do
If the story of the Emperor's New Clothes was written today, it'd be full of people claiming allegations of nudity were simply Emperor Derangement Syndrome and that going down with hypothermia was actually a jolly clever tactic, when you think about it.