Boris Johnson is an

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pluvia_Plumbum, Sep 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So if it goes ahead, what are the chances of any of those figures being accurate?
  2. More to the point, I wonder if there is any money left in the kitty, still its only taxpayers money. :D
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

your second link isn't working which is the point of this thread......Fix please?

4. I'm trying to work out why the taxpayers would be stumping up for something that would be run by a private company, although looking at the accounts for BAA would tell you they're heavily in debt as it is, especially after the cost and mess up that was terminal 5.
  5. that link isn't any better either.
  6. Link working now, a good weekend is responsible :)
  7. I don't think that they could get the BAA to move, especially since there is a sunken ship full of dodgy thermite in the back end of the estuary
  8. Couldn't they raise some money by selling tickets, then blowing it up? got to be worth a tenner a seat :D
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Is it not enough that Boris takes us seriously? Airport on no, he's one of ours! We own him!

That aside - makes perfect sense to me.
  10. Angular

Good fireworks display, but would do quite a lot of damage to Sheerness apparently.

11. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, for the following reasons:

(1) The ship has more or less broken up and is sinking deep into the sandbank, taking the remaining nasties with it (much was offloaded).

(2) It is Sheerness after all.

(3) The threat of explosion is so low now that on the rare occasion when a fisherman pulls a bomb up in a fishing net it is no longer considered dangerous. For some years the Sheerness fire station has dealt with such things by simply rolling the bomb off the deck of a fishing boat back into the sea.

(4) It is Sheerness after all.
  12. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

And who remembers the scheme to build an airport on Maplin Sands, wound up in the seventies? After vast expense, of course.
  13. Do they have windows in Sheerness? Pikey cnuts.