Boris Johnson and the cigar case of Tariq Aziz

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Feb 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Methinks Livingstones clumsy attempt to divert attention away from the missing millions in London will merely serve to draw more attention to his sleaze ridden Sozi administration.

This seems like an act of desperation to me.

2. It's only fair that Boris took the Iraqi gentleman's cigar case, after all, when questionned a spokesman said that it was a tit for tat apropriation as Tariq has his.

I'll get me coat.

3. But boris specifically stated at the time that he'd taken it fir safe keeping and would return it on demand

Ergo, no theft committed!

4. I like boris even though he is madder than jack mcmadman and been on a madman course madmansville, tennesse. He is not really fit for politics but for entertainment value he is hilarious..... he reminds of some very mad officers who are clearly wired to the moon.

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Anybody want to buy some tiles? Good for the bathroom, or maybe the patio?

[​IMG]

They were just sort of lying around. So I trousered them. I'll give them back if asked. Sort of like the Elgin Marbles.

But meanwhile, offers around $2.4 million.

Paypal and all major credit cards accepted. And cash. PM me.

6. Tecnically Boris had to transfer the case to the British or American authorities. So now (at least from formal point of view) he is a thief.

7. Is London really so fcuked up that they can't get a serious politician to stand for mayor?

I mean, a daft old Etonian looter, a gay mad copper, and a drunk lizardkeeper?

But then I suppose it is a fair cross-section of society :roll:

8. TheIronDuke

Technically you have to transfer the Polonium from the little vial you were given in Moscow, to the Sushi of your chosen victim (at least from formal point of view). So do one my friend.

Its a cigar case, worth about a fiver.

Hey, do you want to buy a bridge? We have an interesting range of colours and styles.

Some submarines? PM me.

9. Taken into account that the case belonged to Tariq Aziz its market price (for collectioners) would be high enough to speak about something valuable.

From my point of view it is absolutely unacceptable that the politician is promoting looting by personal example. Though, maybe it is a part of British culture?

10. TheIronDuke

Ah, we'll loot for fun son. Been at it for yonks.

But since we're chatting... I was at the Royal Academy a few weeks ago. The France - Russia exhibition. Ther French bit was fascinating. The first time I have ever seen 'The Dance' by Matisse. Stunning.

The Russian stuff was mostly cak. The only Chigal on display was not his best work, and I confess I always thought Kandinski was a Polak.

But what interested me was this. The entire collection was bought by Ivan Morozov and Sergei Shchukin. Before the Revolution.

How, precisely did your country aquire these great works of art? Did you buy them at market value?

Or put a small gun to the head of Ivan Morozov and Sergei Shchukin and their families, and say "Nice art. We're having it"?

11. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Collectable does not equal an item of cultural value.

Plus has Tariq reported it lost or stolen? IIRC if unclaimed an item becomes yours after 6 months or so.

12. No! I really won't have that! Ken's newts are amphibians not lizards!

13. Regardless of political affiliation, it is wrong that a politician help himself to trinkets in any way that is not legal.

14. TheIronDuke

I couldnt agree more. Welcome to the hippy side of the street.

You will be handing your trinkets back, no doubt?

Starting with Chechnya, Ingushistan and Ossetia? Then you will stop playing the schoolyard bully with Georgia?

Smashing.

Our lads would like a word with Litvinenko, since you are getting all inclusionist here.