Boris has it!

Because the press in general and Beth Rigby, in particular, threw a track when the health Secretary was tested for CV ahead of the angels of the NHS. imagine the wailing and rending of garments if he did this.
but as the media never stop telling us, they are ‘key workers’ too.
where would we be without Beth ‘voice of doom’ Rigby bravely going out dragging down the public’s spirits each day?

Nobody suffering from COVID-19 goes to hospital for tests. He has gone to hospital because his condition is such that he requires admission. No doubt he will receive 'tests' while there, but that is entirely incidental.

Nobody suffering from COVID-19 goes to hospital for tests. He has gone to hospital because his condition is such that he requires admission. No doubt he will receive 'tests' while there, but that is entirely incidental.
I’m told that apparently, if you are still showing symptoms at a ten day stage or thereabouts, that’s when the thing can start to get really interesting and can turn really nasty!

Boris isn’t someone I’d vote for but as I said in a pub to former Tory MP John Randall once, “I won’t wish you good luck but I will wish you good health!”

Nobody deserves to face what Boris is going through right now and I know that my family who are all Labour supporters all have our fingers crossed that he comes through this ok and makes a full recovery quickly.

Last edited:
Herd immunity only works when people are immune - i.e. there is a vaccine available. Small flaw in the plan there...
In the 50s, maybe even into the 60s, before vaccination was wide-spread, mummies held measles parties when one kid went down with it. Measles as a kid isn't a problem, it's when you're older it becomes one.

So herd immunity was and and still can be done without vaccines.

I reckon if we don't get a vaccine soon, and the testing, contact tracing and isolation fails, because that sounds like whack-a-mole and we end up on yet another lockdown, herd immunity will be the only solution on the table.

In the 50s, maybe even into the 60s, before vaccination was wide-spread, mummies held measles parties when one kid went down with it. Measles as a kid isn't a problem, it's when you're older it becomes one.

I reckon if we don't get a vaccine soon, and the testing, contact tracing and isolation fails, because that sounds like whack-a-mole and we end up on yet another lockdown, herd immunity will be the only solution on the table.
The only way to make that work is to force non-vulnerable people to go out and deliberately get the virus, whilst locking down the vulnerable for another year. Not sure that can be made to work.

See also, my other thread on this: Save the elderly - pick the 1 % who will die here

The only way to make that work is to force non-vulnerable people to go out and deliberately get the virus
1. Tell them there's absolutely no chance of a shortage of budgie seed.

2. Infect vast stockpiles of budgie seed and stock the supermarket shelves.

3. Wait.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I reckon I've already had it.

but as the media never stop telling us, they are ‘key workers’ too.
where would we be without Beth ‘voice of doom’ Rigby bravely going out dragging down the public’s spirits each day?
Beth Rigby detests Boris.

Her language during the leadership contest was shameful. To call herself a professional journalist would be a significant stretch.

Now every muppet who comes down with the seasonal sniffles is claiming they've had it. Wait for the antibody test.

I was doing a stint at Middle Wallop and came down with German Measles - normally they'd have stuck you in an isolation bed at the Med Centre but one of the nurses was preggers so they decided to send me home for two weeks.

They organised a taxi, specifically asking that the driver had knowledge that they'd had it before - that took two days to organise - and I was home.

I thought I was going to have a few days of feeling poorly then the rest buckshee leave.

Wrong - I was sick as a dog for the full two weeks and was still feeling a bit shit when I went back.

Latest Threads