Boris has it!

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Herd immunity only works when people are immune - i.e. there is a vaccine available. Small flaw in the plan there...
Not quite. It also works when about 70%of the population have had the illness. So about 45 million in the UK.

Not quite. It also works when about 70%of the population have had the illness. So about 45 million in the UK.
Correct. But that figure could be as high as 95%. Also, if 70-95% of people get the virus, with a 1% death rate, that's a death toll of 490-700,000 people, assuming a population of 70m.

Herd immunity through letting people get ill kind of defeats the point. Although Darwin would approve...

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Correct. But that figure could be as high as 95%. Also, if 70-95% of people get the virus, with a 1% death rate, that's a death toll of 490-700,000 people, assuming a population of 70m.

Herd immunity through letting people get ill kind of defeats the point. Although Darwin would approve...
We don't yet know the mortality rate. That figure will not be known until an antibody test has been devised and mass testing has taken place.

Hopefully the precautionary bit is accurate. He does seem to have had it longer than many.

Pointless to speculate but at this moment in time I seriously wonder if going to hospital "for some tests" is something that couldn't simply be done at No. 11?

I don't like the chancing fecker but hope he pulls through.

Pointless to speculate but at this moment in time I seriously wonder if going to hospital "for some tests" is something that couldn't simply be done at No. 11?

I don't like the chancing fecker but hope he pulls through.
Xray machines are not designed to be delivered to home.

why not get one of those customs scanner vehicles and do it in Downing Street in front of press . PR opportunity and informative or just go to a hospital
Because the press in general and Beth Rigby, in particular, threw a track when the health Secretary was tested for CV ahead of the angels of the NHS. imagine the wailing and rending of garments if he did this.

I wish mr.Johnson fast recover.

Latest Threads