Boris has it!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I see the London-based Metro has announced a 'Clap for Boris'

I thought at first that they were revealing the under-lying condition that made him deteriorate.

Clap for Boris
That was supposed to be for last night, very poorly attended if my area was anything to go by.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
That was supposed to be for last night, very poorly attended if my area was anything to go by.
Too many Clap Nights!

By the time we get to 'clap for teachers' , 'clap for sewage workers', 'clap for classroom assistants', interest will have waned and no one will bother.

Too many Clap Nights!

By the time we get to 'clap for teachers' , 'clap for sewage workers', 'clap for classroom assistants', interest will have waned and no one will bother.
Clap for prostitutes might be the nail in the coffin...

Just as very few people admit to voting conservative (despite their thumping victory), very few will go out and clap for Boris either through fear of being torn into by nasty left wing types I would imagine.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just as very few people admit to voting conservative (despite their thumping victory), very few will go out and clap for Boris either through fear of being torn into by nasty left wing types I would imagine.
Funny thing is, that there was a FB page set up for it (now changed to "Clap for all heroes 09/04/20 @ 20:00 from Clap for Boris 07/04/20 @ 20:00) and the usual Lefties went on the page and scrawled all over it with the usual vitriol of "Hope he dies", "Bollocks to Boris", "He's taking up a NHS bed, the rich ******", why bother joining a page for Boris when so anti-Boris. Even with a team of over 40 Admins and Moderators, they couldn't keep up with the shite.

Funny thing is, that there was a FB page set up for it (now changed to "Clap for all heroes 09/04/20 @ 20:00 from Clap for Boris 07/04/20 @ 20:00) and the usual Lefties went on the page and scrawled all over it with the usual vitriol of "Hope he dies", "Bollocks to Boris", "He's taking up a NHS bed, the rich ******", why bother joining a page for Boris when so anti-Boris. Even with a team of over 40 Admins and Moderators, they couldn't keep up with the shite.
Ah-that'll be the 'grassroots' getting 'the message out there'.

I do. His (unknown number of) children will shed a few tears, and so will his bird. And his girlfriend, and perhaps that Jennifer Jacuzzi.
He's a nasty piece of work. I look forward to taking a dump on his grave.
Why don't you feck off and so something socially constructive, like self-darwinate?

Funny thing is, that there was a FB page set up for it (now changed to "Clap for all heroes 09/04/20 @ 20:00 from Clap for Boris 07/04/20 @ 20:00) and the usual Lefties went on the page and scrawled all over it with the usual vitriol
This supposed genuine persons open letter is currently gracing my face ache.

Full of the usual half truths, Vitriol and Its ok for me to politicise things because I agree with politicising them with an added a dash of because im a morally superior being I wont wish you dead for voting Tory even though you deserve it.

""
Boris Johnson.
A man who has lived his entire life recklessly, selfishly, irresponsibly; without any regard for the consequences. Because he's never needed to.... His enormous privilege has protected him from any repercussions.
He is a proven pathological liar, swaggering through the years with no empathy or concern for anyone but himself. Indeed, recently bragging about shaking hands with Corona virus patients. As if it was just another laugh; a jape; just another moment in a life less honourable.

There is a grim irony to him finally, in this manner, being confronted by the consequences of his behaviour. Even he can't lie & bluster his way out of this mess.
One can only hope that the Prime Minister, as he languishes in intensive care, courtesy of the NHS that he and his party have done so much to destroy, deeply regrets the cheering & jeering doled out to nurses by he and his colleagues; when they voted down a payrise for those heroes. If he's lucky he'll now be finding out exactly how valuable these people are.

My brother, sadly, wasn't lucky.
Jas, 54, died of Covid-19 in Nottingham's Queens Medical Centre a week last Saturday night. Unlike the Prime Minister there was no ventilator for Jas.
'Operation: Last Gasp', right, Prime Minister?
I then stood on an empty street, shouting to be heard over the wind, no privacy, no dignity, to tell an old man on a doorstep his child had died. The most indescribably awful duty I've ever had to carry out.
There will, of course, be those idiots, those hypocrites, those bootlickers, who will condemn me for 'politicising' both my own loss & Boris Johnson's condition. They can't grasp that politicians making political decisions and political choices impact people's lives. And sometimes end them. As Jas found out.
Do I wish Johnson dead? No. Do I wish dead the selfish, the greedy and the stupid who voted for him and still, even now, support him? Those who were perfectly happy to ignore the systematic destruction of the NHS while they were all right Jack? Again, no.
My sympathy, however, remains with the terrified & heartbroken victims of this crisis. The appalling & callous mishandling of which is unavoidably the responsibility of Boris Johnson.
It would be nice to think that lessons will be learned; that, individually and collectively, we will discover our self-respect and understand that governments only ever treat us the way we allow; that, when this is over, an enormous reorganisation of the nation’s priorities will be undertaken, by both the politicians and the electorate; that, at last, people will concern themselves with the value of others and much less with the cost of things.
If Boris Johnson, in any way, might be that catalyst then he will have done at least one noble thing in his life.
My breath, however, remains unheld.
""

This supposed genuine persons open letter is currently gracing my face ache.

Full of the usual half truths, Vitriol and Its ok for me to politicise things because I agree with politicising them with an added a dash of because im a morally superior being I wont wish you dead for voting Tory even though you deserve it.

""
Boris Johnson.
A man who has lived his entire life recklessly, selfishly, irresponsibly; without any regard for the consequences. Because he's never needed to.... His enormous privilege has protected him from any repercussions.
He is a proven pathological liar, swaggering through the years with no empathy or concern for anyone but himself. Indeed, recently bragging about shaking hands with Corona virus patients. As if it was just another laugh; a jape; just another moment in a life less honourable.

There is a grim irony to him finally, in this manner, being confronted by the consequences of his behaviour. Even he can't lie & bluster his way out of this mess.
One can only hope that the Prime Minister, as he languishes in intensive care, courtesy of the NHS that he and his party have done so much to destroy, deeply regrets the cheering & jeering doled out to nurses by he and his colleagues; when they voted down a payrise for those heroes. If he's lucky he'll now be finding out exactly how valuable these people are.

My brother, sadly, wasn't lucky.
Jas, 54, died of Covid-19 in Nottingham's Queens Medical Centre a week last Saturday night. Unlike the Prime Minister there was no ventilator for Jas.
'Operation: Last Gasp', right, Prime Minister?
I then stood on an empty street, shouting to be heard over the wind, no privacy, no dignity, to tell an old man on a doorstep his child had died. The most indescribably awful duty I've ever had to carry out.
There will, of course, be those idiots, those hypocrites, those bootlickers, who will condemn me for 'politicising' both my own loss & Boris Johnson's condition. They can't grasp that politicians making political decisions and political choices impact people's lives. And sometimes end them. As Jas found out.
Do I wish Johnson dead? No. Do I wish dead the selfish, the greedy and the stupid who voted for him and still, even now, support him? Those who were perfectly happy to ignore the systematic destruction of the NHS while they were all right Jack? Again, no.
My sympathy, however, remains with the terrified & heartbroken victims of this crisis. The appalling & callous mishandling of which is unavoidably the responsibility of Boris Johnson.
It would be nice to think that lessons will be learned; that, individually and collectively, we will discover our self-respect and understand that governments only ever treat us the way we allow; that, when this is over, an enormous reorganisation of the nation’s priorities will be undertaken, by both the politicians and the electorate; that, at last, people will concern themselves with the value of others and much less with the cost of things.
If Boris Johnson, in any way, might be that catalyst then he will have done at least one noble thing in his life.
My breath, however, remains unheld.
""
If true, very sad. However, as if having Jeremy at the helm would have made a difference to his brothers demise. Have to say it reads like one of Jeremy’s made up emails from one of his constituents.

If true, very sad. However, as if having Jeremy at the helm would have made a difference to his brothers demise. Have to say it reads like one of Jeremy’s made up emails from one of his constituents.
Its nothing more than an attack on Boris and hated tories disguised as a sob story - of course to those that insist you cant trust the media and social media is full of RW propaganda - Its taken as absolute gospel and cannot be questioned.
Doing so results in them wheeling out the "Greta" defence ie ignore all relevant points and focus on the Authours / speakers circumstances - (bereaved - small girl) and accuse the nonbeliever of being hateful or bullying etc

Going after someone's job over a distasteful opinion is a proper ****'s trick.
Bravo_bravo and Amazing_Lobster allegedly didnt have a problem when they wrote some amusing comments on Oddbods place of works review page.

Its nothing more than an attack on Boris and hated tories disguised as a sob story - of course to those that insist you cant trust the media and social media is full of RW propaganda - Its taken as absolute gospel and cannot be questioned.
Doing so results in them wheeling out the "Greta" defence ie ignore all relevant points and focus on the Authours / speakers circumstances - (bereaved - small girl) and accuse the nonbeliever of being hateful or bullying etc
The story of "Jas, 54" seems to have got its boots on and is speedily making the rounds (see Google for the full extent of its spread).

the Mayor of Heanor, having been booted out of the Labour Party has now lost her job as a paralegal with a Nottingham law firm. She hasn‘t yet had an attack of good grace and resigned as Mayor or as a (now independent) councillor.

1586420670003.jpeg

Mayor sacked over 'PM deserves this' comments

Her employer, VHS Fletchers Solicitors, said she was "no longer employed by this firm in any capacity".​

Ms Oakes worked as a paralegal at the firm's Ilkeston office.​
As a result of her comments, the company said it had become "embroiled in criticism".​

In a statement published on its website, VHS Fletchers Solicitors described her remarks as "deeply offensive" and said her views were "not shared by the partners or any other members of staff".​

It added: "To wish illness upon anyone must be abhorrent to all right thinking members of the public."​

the Mayor of Heanor, having been booted out of the Labour Party has now lost her job as a paralegal with a Nottingham law firm. She hasn‘t yet had an attack of good grace and resigned as Mayor or as a (now independent) councillor.

View attachment 463950
Mayor sacked over 'PM deserves this' comments

Her employer, VHS Fletchers Solicitors, said she was "no longer employed by this firm in any capacity".​

Ms Oakes worked as a paralegal at the firm's Ilkeston office.​
As a result of her comments, the company said it had become "embroiled in criticism".​

In a statement published on its website, VHS Fletchers Solicitors described her remarks as "deeply offensive" and said her views were "not shared by the partners or any other members of staff".​

It added: "To wish illness upon anyone must be abhorrent to all right thinking members of the public."​
Has she even apologised for what she said?

Has she even apologised for what she said?
She has but even then: Miss Oakes said:

“I would like to apologise if I upset anyone, it was not my intention.​
I apologise unreservedly for it. We all make mistakes, including Boris Johnson, and it will not happen again.”​

along with some guff about 'I didn’t realise my comments would offend so many people.

Here is a bit of supreme irony though... having posted her ill considered comment that started the furore online:

Responding to vicious comments online directed at her, she said: “That is up to them.

“People say things online that they would never say face to face, and there are a lot of people saying nasty things online all the time.​

I wonder if she can see it.

Petition to have Councillor Oakes sacked from Heanor Council

She has but even then: Miss Oakes said:

“I would like to apologise if I upset anyone, it was not my intention.​
I apologise unreservedly for it. We all make mistakes, including Boris Johnson, and it will not happen again.”​

along with some guff about 'I didn’t realise my comments would offend so many people.

Here is a bit of supreme irony though... having posted her ill considered comment that started the furore online:

Responding to vicious comments online directed at her, she said: “That is up to them.

“People say things online that they would never say face to face, and there are a lot of people saying nasty things online all the time.​

I wonder if she can see it.

Petition to have Councillor Oakes sacked from Heanor Council
Well she will certainly never hold public office of any kind again.

I also am in self isolation and my wife is shielding and we
Not at all, I was being ironic that thier meme seem to have stopped and they are reluctant to bring a sick relative to southern ireland for treatment
Do they get a choice of where the ambulance takes them?

Latest Threads