Boris has it!

He's not wrong, there were parties for all sorts of things even into the eighties and certainly with military families, I can remember them in Hong Kong in the 70's and Detmold and Tidworth in the 80's.
Remember such parties well when we lived in Malta and I was at the RN primary school, late 50s/early 60s: measles, German measles, mumps, immediately come to mind, but maybe chicken pox as well.
Not only parents encouraged them, particularly German measles for the girls and mumps for the boys, but class teachers did, too.
For them it meant that most of the class would be off at roughly the same time, not in dribs and drabs.

That’s bad arrse admin that is. The forum equivalent of handing back a weapon with a round still in the chamber.
you ought to be made an example of- nothing too serious mind, perhaps just a gentle beheading, to get the message across.

Agreed.

And if he does it again hang him.

Bob Upndown

War Hero
That’s bad arrse admin that is. The forum equivalent of handing back a weapon with a round still in the chamber.
you ought to be made an example of- nothing too serious mind, perhaps just a gentle beheading, to get the message across.
You are of course correct Sir. I’ve just been out and administered a light touch of Seppuku, 0A wasn’t too keen on being my second with my Leatherman but she got the job done. I hope this serves as a warning to others...

You're not suggesting HM would invite Steptoe to step up to the mark are you? I mean I know we're living in Chinese interesting times, bu there's "interesting" and "interesting" FFS man!

Although it would inject some humour into the situation, watching him try to make a decision. "Present but not involved"?
It would be funnier if HMQ summonsed Mr Corbyn to the palace and when he got there,

"ha, fooled you now be a good fellow and fcuk orf back to from whence you came. That'll be a tenner you owe me Philip, I said the dopey old twat would come running if he thought there'd be a sniff at the PM gig". Now, how about twenty quid on Lammy embarrassing Starmer in the next 48 hours?"​

On the notion of inviting 'Steptoe' to step up to the mark, No suggestion there but it is within the realms of (remote) possibility and there is precedent for the leader of the opposition to form a government and become prime minister, albeit briefly...

... In December 1905, Arthur Balfour (Conservative) resigned as prime minister in an attempt to force an election, but the leader of the opposition, Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), instead formed a government and became Prime Minister.​

A general election about a month later restored the proper order of things and returned the Liberals with a significant majority. Happily Corbyn is no longer the Dear Leader.

I'm surprised that McDonnell hasn't put Starmer in a taxi to Buck house to ask HM if he can take over running the country.
There might be a couple of problems with that plan.
But no more than the problems with every Labour plan.

What, you've formed a judgement on all 69,999,999 of the other people in the UK and he is definitely the best?

How did you find the time?
Did you notice that the Tories were elected with a huge majority?
I'd hazard a guess that the prospect of Boris as PM contributed to that.
I notice that you didn't nominate anyone else.

...and another really bright politician

In response to a post asking people to say a "little prayer" for the prime minister on Monday night,
Ms Sheila Oakes Labour Mayor of Heanor said:
"Sorry, he completely deserves this and he is one of the worst PMs we've ever had."
The Amber Valley Labour Group said it had withdrawn the whip, meaning she is no longer a Labour councillor.

Ms Oakes has since apologised and accepted she "made a mistake".

1586264411079.png

Mayor apologises for 'PM deserves this' comments

Last edited:
Did you notice that the Tories were elected with a huge majority?
I'd hazard a guess that the prospect of Boris as PM contributed to that.
I notice that you didn't nominate anyone else.
Or a guess that the prospect of Corbyn as PM may have contributed to it even more?

In response to a post asking people to say a "little prayer" for the prime minister on Monday night,

The Amber Valley Labour Group said it had withdrawn the whip, meaning she is no longer a Labour councillor.

View attachment 463465

The type of creature that would turn up to the opening of a letter, as long as she could be Chair of the Opening Committee . . .

View attachment 463465

I’m surprised she finds the time to get involved in Politics. *

* In between meals

Beaten to death with a shit cosh. It's funnier.

View attachment 463465

She's sorry she was caught and called out on it. I'd put good money on her not being at all sorry she said it and meant it.

No one hates like the left.

Latest Threads