Boris has it!

Slime

LE
There was a very frank and informative interview with a Dr on the Nolan show on BBC Radio five last night.

The Dr involved gave a very good insight into how this virus is being dealt with and just how very quickly some patients deteriorate.

The interview should be on the BBC sounds app if anyone cares to listen.
The interview will be between the 11.59 6th April to 00.30 7th April period.

Dominic Raab is, as the 1st Secretary of State, the second in seniority to the Prime Minister. .... .... .... That would almost certainly follow a party leadership election but the prime minister does not have to be the elected party leader.

Good point.

If Her Maj has a wicked sense of humour, she could appoint a real surprise.

Jerry Sadowitz would be my choice. We could do with a laugh and Jerry's not had many gigs lately, could probably use the dosh.

I think you may mean chickenpox parties,
"measles parties" have been thought up by anti-vaxxers.( 'merican)

The measles virus is a killer, chickenpox is not.
(2.6 million deaths per year before immunisation became common)
I definitely meant measles, but granted that other diseases are available:

"Such parties were done before vaccines were available to, "get it over with," or because it was believed childhood disease would be less severe than disease as an adult.[1][2] For example, measles[3] is more dangerous to adults than to children over 5 years old.[4] "

Slime

LE
Found his Twitter page and he's some Momentum drone. Poisonous little c***s they are.
Surely they represent the kinder gentler politics Corbyn promised us!

Let’s hope Starmer returns the Labour party to the party of the people, and encourages a Labour victory via the ballot box rather than wishing death upon the opposition parties.

I‘m not sad to see the back of those fighting for the struggle in Palestine and venezuela, and welcome the fight for those in Bolton or Bristol.

And for those who think Arrse operates a double standard, visit the Bob Crow thread and read the same reaction to those trying to say 'good riddance' when he died.
In fairness the posts were after the fat, left wing hypocritical **** had snuffed it. With the exception of Fat_Cav who had wished his death a few week earlier.
Top tip, dont anger Fat_Cav, his words have power.

Bob Upndown

War Hero
They have loads of stats here

Of the diagnosed closed cases (Cured or killed) the kill rate is 21%

Its on the high side because there are a lot of people who have/had it and not been diagnosed.
Errr, are you sure?

Figures as per the link as I type this are, worldwide:

Cases 1,337,167
Deaths 74,176

Death rate of 5.54%...or am I missing something?

He's not wrong, there were parties for all sorts of things even into the eighties and certainly with military families, I can remember them in Hong Kong in the 70's and Detmold and Tidworth in the 80's.
Indeed. Car keys in the fruit bowl?

One SKY reporter hinting Boris has pneumonia

Errr, are you sure?

Figures as per the link as I type this are, worldwide:

Cases 1,337,167
Deaths 74,176

Death rate of 5.54%...or am I missing something?
You seem to be missing that you already posted this in 248 and that i already answered.
The percentage i quoted was for closed case.

Quo_vadis

Clanker
That's interesting, is this "First Secretary of State" a new thing? I always thought that the second member of the government was the Chancellor of the Exchequer. Now obviously when the First Lord of the Treasury is hors de combat you can't expect the CotE to take over the reins as he is presumably a bit busy with his own brief but what is the exact line of authority in the cabinet?

I remember Maggie creating a Deputy Prime Minister back in the day (was it Howe?) and at the time people saying it was a constitutional outrage as no such position existed but I have never actually understood what is the line of succession of the UK government. Like so much of UK constitutional theory it seems vague and based on precedent but presumably in this day and age there is a distinct set of procedures.
Like so much of our glorious ‘unwritten constitution’ it’s a mess. All of the de jure power to create a prime minister lies with The Queen, who in reality has very little power. The prime minister, who is de facto president and commander-in-chief, is the one with the real power. But somehow, it seems to work.

Not when they're in intensive care or they've died.

And for those who think Arrse operates a double standard, visit the Bob Crow thread and read the same reaction to those trying to say 'good riddance' when he died.
Behave ... I've just read about BlotBlotRub?

I'll tell ya when I saw all that persecution by the mob I thought I was in nazi germany. ;-)

Last edited:
If you Google it, the recorded conversation is on Twitter. Numerous articles refer to it in the serious Press. Private Eye has covered it extensively.

It's established fact.
He has a "colourful" past.
Plenty of people do but there is no one at this time who could do a better job of running this country.
Unless you know different.

Plenty of people do but there is no one at this time who could do a better job of running this country.
What, you've formed a judgement on all 69,999,999 of the other people in the UK and he is definitely the best?

How did you find the time?

I could, but im busy at the moment.

Bob Upndown

War Hero
You seem to be missing that you already posted this in 248 and that i already answered.
The percentage i quoted was for closed case.

Apologies, tech weirdness - the reply box was still open when I came in this morning hence I thought the post didn’t post last night.

Apologies, tech weirdness - the reply box was still open when I came in this morning hence I thought the post didn’t post last night.
That’s bad arrse admin that is. The forum equivalent of handing back a weapon with a round still in the chamber.
you ought to be made an example of- nothing too serious mind, perhaps just a gentle beheading, to get the message across.

Dominic Raab is, as the 1st Secretary of State, the second in seniority to the Prime Minister. He has also been nominated ‘Designated Survivor’ if the prime minister is incapacitated and unable to lead the government.

That effectively means he becomes acting prime minister until such time as the prime minister is able to resume or, if that is not going to happen, until such time a new prime minister is appointed by HMQ. That would almost certainly follow a party leadership election but the prime minister does not have to be the elected party leader.
You're not suggesting HM would invite Steptoe to step up to the mark are you? I mean I know we're living in Chinese interesting times, bu there's "interesting" and "interesting" FFS man!

Although it would inject some humour into the situation, watching him try to make a decision. "Present but not involved"?