Boris, Dave & Airports.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biscuits_Brown, Sep 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do you see the argument over a third runway at Thiefrow vice a new Estuary International panning out?

Could Boris leave the party? Will Dave cave? Or, is the whole thing a clever little subterfuge to make the sandy haired one look good to Londoners?

2. I may be biased as I currently work in the shipping industry, but rather than building another runway for Heathrow, would they not be better investing in and even expanding our port facilities around the UK? I heard mentioned on the news an argument that this extra runway would be to increase trade, but surely more trade goes in and out of the UK on the huge container ships than it does on aircraft?

3. The home counties /London lot get more government investment per capita than anywhere else in the UK , so fcuk em , build another 10 runways if it brings more cash into the UK.

4. There's more to trade than just the delivery of goods.

5. Extend Thiefrow, all the transport hubs and infrastructure already exist there.
    It's a no brainer.

6. Thiefrow, oh good it can join;

Bliar, Broon, Gruinard etc etc...................

There's a new trend starting and it is shite.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Estuary Intl. shifts all the bad things that people vote against OUT of the London mayoral voting area (noise, congestion, pollution etc), and yet retains all the good elements for the City.

3rd runway at LHR has the opposite effect.

Go figure!

Now work out why Boris supports airport expansion for London but near, not in, London.

8. Why not Stansted? Or Gatwick?

9. Ressurect Maplin Sands airport!

10. Because they're shite.

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

No. And what is more, some of us are sick to death of old sailors begging in the streets flogging the Big Issue. It is a shite magazine and the reason you have a peg-leg is because you did not take care of the two legs you were issued with. Now shuffle off quietly.

But in answer to the OP? Build a third runway, build a new airport in the Thames estuary. Make your lovely M25 six lanes wider then choke on the fumes. Some of us couldn't give a rats what you do down there.

If you could stop relocating up here with your horrible soft southern accents that would be nice. But other than that, build the ****ing pyramids. Most of the UK doesn't care what you do.

12. I'm patiently waiting for them to finish concreting over the last few square miles so the rest of us can hold them to ransom with our water supplies ;)

13. Well actually I don't have anything to do with the shipping side of it, I work for a company which moves 30ft shipping containers full of raw materials by road, rail & sea all over the world (do I get a chufty badge?), so I still have both legs in fine working order and wouldn't wipe my arrse on the big issue!
    Now I think about it, huge container ships probably couldn't penetrate the huge offshore waste of time windfarms that have cropped up right down the coast anyway...

14. I see the thread being merged with Heathrow which was started a few days ago.

15. It could work if Thiefrow is an indicator.

Crapwick
    Shatwick

errr....Stansted.