Boris bikes for the west midlands, good idea or what?

The deep thinking ones are thinking of introducing Boris bikes in the west midlands, good idea in that lunatic asylum called London, but up here they will be weighted in for scrap, Birmingham already has enough nutters on the roads, as does Wolverhampton, the bikes suit the hipsters, trendy's and tree huggers, I can't see anyone paying £2 for 30 minuets, to trundle through the middle of any big city on those clumpy things, and they look so bloody daft, what say you, good or plain daft?

Dont encourage cyclists. They are fuckìng pure evil. Especially the cocķs and knobbers in Cambridge who think that they own the road because they are supposedly doing "their bit" for the environment and that general things such as lights and right of way dont apply to them.

As for a good idea for the West Midlands.....a hydrogen bomb?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Dont encourage cyclists. They are fuckìng pure evil. Especially the cocķs and knobbers in Cambridge who think that they own the road because they are supposedly doing "their bit" for the environment and that general things such as lights and right of way dont apply to them.

As for a good idea for the West Midlands.....a hydrogen bomb?
Well Brummagem and Wolves already have that Fallout 4 look

It is a strange decision, the West Midlands mayor, (I kid you not), has previously said that they would not be brought in as unlike the river plain that is London, Birmingham is built upon 5 hills.

Walking around it feks up my COPD so dragging around 50lbs of pointless metal and plastic has no chance.

I think currently anything with the word 'Boris' attached should be given the proverbial long hard stare on the 'good idea' front.

Has not worked out so well in Milton Keynes.

About 70% of the Red Bikes sponsored by Santander Bank have been wrecked or stolen.

I believe they are considering withdrawing the Red Bikes.

Try that at Devises:eek:
I have. Caen Hill nearly did me in when we cycled the K&A. The Lycra clad Nazis were up the top whilst I was a third of the way up pushing my bike and wheezing.

There are a few other flights on various canals but they are mostly contour huggers.

The standard of riding in the west mids is pretty appalling, the worst I have seen was the one who took a short cut through the Armed Forces Day parade.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Never heard of locks? Glasgows also has the shitty looking things Glasgow - nextbike Glasgow Glasgow
At least Boris bikes are only (normally) found in docking stations, the likes of the ones above are just dumped anywhere, released from the locking mechanism by Q code and text message. My boss found 2 of them dumped in his parking space at the office so he got a couple of the engineers on site to dump them into the industrial compactor.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Never heard of locks? Glasgows also has the shitty looking things Glasgow - nextbike Glasgow Glasgow
Hot young lady on a bike, no obese pedestrians eating their gourmet Gregg's lunch from a paper bag, cafe culture and a hint of sunshine. I don't know about anyone else but that's me convinced that this is a photo of Glasgow.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hot young lady on a bike, no obese pedestrians eating their gourmet Gregg's lunch from a paper bag, cafe culture and a hint of sunshine. I don't know about anyone else but that's me convinced that this is a photo of Glasgow.
It could be Germany judging the reg plate on the VW behind her.

I've a friend who was involved in installing the Glasgow Boris bikes. Apparently they were put in in time for the commonwealth games as a "nice to have" and to make the place seem a bit less heart diseasey. They doubted they'd break even on them. Turns out they made money hand over fist so the whole scheme was expanded and actually seems to work pretty well.

Latest Threads