Boring cs95 question! Wearing of rank without shirts?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Run_Charlie!, Oct 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's standard procedure now for many units in the desert not to wear combat shirts. Just brown t shirts (why the heck did they make them brown!) and desert trousers. So how are you meant to know who is who, if you don't know each individual?

Perhaps a rank epaulette should be sewn on the kecks, or worn on the belt?

2. Tattooed on the forehead perhaps?

3. foreskin ;)

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

The front of the body armour had a rank slide on it
    When I was on Telic 4 the order went out to wear shirts because of the extra protection they provide from fire
    It wasn't just for urban areas it was anywhere after one of the Warriers got petrol bombed by a kid(about 10 IIRC) when the crew where handing out sweets

5. In the Dutch army rankslides are worn on the trouserbelt when not wearing shirts or jackets. So i can imagine it applies for the British army as well.

6. I saw the RAF wearing their rank slides on their belts on TELIC 9. Doesn't look too good though.

7. There is available a Velcro loop you can put around the belt and it holds a rank slide.

Don't know if it's issued or specially made? I do know there is no official word on it!

While I'm whinging, we look a bag of sh!te with a brown T shirt, green belt and deserty trousers!

At least the spams look like they gave the uniform some thought ;)

8. hay try to think you are 22 S.A.S.

just tell them that and they will soon fcuk off

9. why not just sew on rank patches to the t shirts?

10. Because it would look gay perhaps ?!?!?

I have seen in the past those that have worn cloth wristlets with rank sown on, only problem it makes everyone look like a WO

11. was only a suggestion, might not look too bad on the arm though

would have thought it better than on a belt, as you dont want to be accused of looking at peoples crutch due to checking rank slides. :D

(not being arrogant btw so sorry if it sounds like it)

12. If people don't know who you are, you are not important enough.

How about introducing yourself to all the new people you meet.

13. As a crab, i can confirm yes loads do this and it looks proper dog $hite too. both osprey and ECBA have rank slides on so no requirement to put rank on belts which would get seen with kit on anyway.

14. How about a Monty Python style funny walk? Depending on what rank you are depends on your walk. The RSM could goose step and 2lts could mince evrywhere.

15. Isn't that the case anyway?