Bored cadets

I'm looking for ideas for 18 hour exercises starting 1800 on a Friday night and finishing Saturday afternoon. Our cadets have been complaining they are bored so we have decided to do some green and dirty activities but want to build a mixture of experienced cadets and newbies up to standard together.
Any ideas would be very welcome, thanks.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm looking for ideas for 18 hour exercises starting 1800 on a Friday night and finishing Saturday afternoon. Our cadets have been complaining they are bored so we have decided to do some green and dirty activities but want to build a mixture of experienced cadets and newbies up to standard together.
Platoon patrol/harbour drill, personal camouflage/patrolling skills instruction, night nav ex (or night patrolling exercise if you've a sliver of salesmanship), rat pack breakfast, section patrol/assault exercise, endex. Lots of pretty basic warry fun and no need for anyone to be hanging in rags at the end of it if you breathe lots of time into each phase.

Do you guys (and gals) still do lantern snatches?

Easy.

Stage 5 trench construction :)
Only if it's either continuous rain (Sennybridge) or not rained for the last 3 months and the ground is baked hard clay (not Sennybridge)

If you can get a building try TIBUA with them and a hostage extraction scenario thats what im doing with my fellow cadets anyway

dwills

War Hero
....experienced cadets and newbies up to standard together....

And there is your problem. they are at different levels of knowledge and understanding, thats why there is a syllabus to follow....

Used to do something similar at Scouts but it was aimed at lobbing handfuls of bangers into a team's campfire to blow it up. Not going to work if you want to be all quiet and sneaky beaky about things.

Split them up into three teams to infiltrate an area and set up a temporary harbour. They'll all be watching out for each other and the TH will have been observed so good opportunity to sneak off and set up elsewhere after dark.

Small bucket of fireworks in each harbour to be guarded by a couple of blokes while the rest all have a pocket full of bangers. Attack scheduled for simultaneous 10pm start to set off and infiltrate the other harbours and lob said bangers into their bucket to blow up their shit. Guards are allowed to defend robustly and take prisoners (who will be out of the game under supervision of NCOs) while teams are allowed to skirmish with those they meet and nick their bangers.

H&S may or may not approve.

Latest Threads