Bordon

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by lindseyw897, Jun 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can any one give me some info on Bordon please.
    This will be our first posting as man and wife (we are in private rented at the mo in Catterick) Are the MQ ok down there ?
    Any hooo; where is the best places to live down there ? whats it like for work for me (i do admin work) we don't have kids so schools are not important.
    But in all honesty i have no idea about Bordon at all, any info at all would be appreciated. Any info at all people - it will all be appreciated.
    Thank you

2. Lindseyw897 - You are probably better off posting this in the REME forum. They should be able to answer your questions.

3. Bordon is the Arrsehole of Hampshire.

The best part of Bordon is the quick access to the A3 so you can get the fcuk out PDQ.

Good kebabs though.

4. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Dunno what its like now but here goes.
    You are near to the south coast
    You have great links to London by road
    You have an established rail link just down the road (Liss)
    You have natural heathland countryside
    You have numerous country pubs
    Dunno what Farnham or Alton is like now but I guess there are shopping centres.
    Downside:
    If you can imagine that the county set of Surrey and Hampshire wanted to create an English garden (which they did) and had to get rid of all of the indigenous pikey trailer trash inbred mongs, well that place was Bordon. Boring Bordon. Too bad that REME who are always on the lookout for a cheap deal decided to set up a training centre there.
    Seriously , I hope you enjoy your tour there but I have to say Catterick or Colly it aint.
    8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

5. Bordon itself really IS that bad. Farnham is lovely - a bit of a time warp, and some admin work around, the pubs are good though. Guildford isn't far and on fast roads and there is loads of work there still (and a good shopping centre, although Basingstoke is better for all the shops in one place). All the best with the move.

6. the name bordon might give it away its boring