Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Border Force Uniform

I reckon they should make the uniform as scary looking as possible. Death's head badge and lightening flashes the lot, just to scare the pants off drug smugglers.

Then again, it doesn't matter what uniform you put on some bloke who's got his fat spilling out all around his trousers. He'll still finish up looking like a lazy civil service mong.
Oi! Steady on. H_M has lost weight. Honest!

You Forgot Assistant Chief Officer, 3 pips.
That's one I have not seen before. neither the rank or badge. Picture shows. Post 'Fresh Start; style epaulettes, Black version and due to Crown position and lettering. But Chief Officer's were phased out as part of 'Fresh Start' and became Governor's Grades in Civi's.

There was a rumour that all prison staff were to be in uniform post 'Fresh Start' and the Governor's would wear brown gloves the same as Army Officer's. As most of the Junior Governor's Grades at the time (mid 1980's) were long haired, bearded and sandals wearing, left wing liberals social worker types that was not going to happen!!!!

I
That's one I have not seen before. neither the rank or badge. Picture shows. Post 'Fresh Start; style epaulettes, Black version and due to Crown position and lettering. But Chief Officer's were phased out as part of 'Fresh Start' and became Governor's Grades in Civi's.

There was a rumour that all prison staff were to be in uniform post 'Fresh Start' and the Governor's would wear brown gloves the same as Army Officer's. As most of the Junior Governor's Grades at the time (mid 1980's) were long haired, bearded and sandals wearing, left wing liberals social worker types that was not going to happen!!!!
I Can't remember if the rank was around pre mountbatten report I think the Rank insingnia may have been 3 Bars before it was replaced with the 3 pips, I seem to remember an episode of porridge where there was an officer of that rank in it, its the edisode where Fletcher sneaks off to the pub while on work release.

I have the full set of Porridge DVD's so I will have a look.

I used to use them for training. Ideal for report writing etc etc.
I`ve just watched the eposode it's called A Day Out, But the officer is actually a Chief Officer II they have a Crown but also 2 Bars like mr mackay is this correct or a mistake by the BBC. There's also a Chief Officer II in the first seen of Edisode 1 New Faces, old Hands with the same insignia a Crown and 2 Bars, So I guess Chief Officer I Pre mountbatten report Would have had a Crown, Pip and 2 bars, still not sure about the Rank Grade 4, Assistant Chief officer don`t know if the rank existed pre mountbatten or was it introduced the same time as senior officer, suppose it would make sense 1 pip for a senior officer 2 for a principal officer and 3 for Assistant Chief officer.

I`ve just watched the eposode it's called A Day Out, But the officer is actually a Chief Officer II they have a Crown but also 2 Bars like mr mackay is this correct or a mistake by the BBC. There's also a Chief Officer II in the first seen of Edisode 1 New Faces, old Hands with the same insignia a Crown and 2 Bars, So I guess Chief Officer I Pre mountbatten report Would have had a Crown, Pip and 2 bars, still not sure about the Rank Grade 4, Assistant Chief officer don`t know if the rank existed pre mountbatten or was it introduced the same time as senior officer, suppose it would make sense 1 pip for a senior officer 2 for a principal officer and 3 for Assistant Chief officer.

Are you also known as Raymond Babbitt?

The concept was always to turn it into a police force, that was the CC's intention when they shut us down . Immigration always knew that e borders was a dead loss,for which Homer was responsible. We were supposed to have 25 k staff as a whole but only a third of that remained after the witch hunt of 08, part being attributed to fco for visa. The result has been a huge shift on to plod