Border Force LS&GC

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Because spending your career letting in the very people you are supposed to be keeping out doesn't sound like 'Good Conduct'.
Firstly, Border Force don’t write the Laws and Legislations of this country and have to follow orders just like the military or Police do. That includes releasing fighting aged males, who blatantly have smuggled themselves in to rejoin their respective organised crime group, knowing full well that as soon as they get to the ‘Bail Hostel’, they’ll bugger off into the ether.
Secondly, if you think you can do better in an organisation that refuses to adapt and improve with the times because “that’s the way we do things, and always have”, step up and have a go yourself.
Thirdly, this isn’t the NAAFI, keep your inane witless comments to yourself. I put the original post up as an interest for those members of ARRSE, who are working for BF or IE, who may not have seen the email yet.

I take it you are an ex serving member of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces? Your post would be like me saying to you “Ohyou’re ex military? You haven’t done a very good job of keeping out the IRA have you?”

dlrg

LE
There was an email sent out around the organisation, from Paul Lincoln, on the 7th. Details to follow
An e-mail from a bloke called Paul* is hardly an announcement in The London Gazette. Doesn't seem very professional.

That aside, ta for the info.

*I know - Paul Lincoln is head of Border Force.

An e-mail from a bloke called Paul* is hardly an announcement in The London Gazette. Doesn't seem very professional.

That aside, ta for the info.

*I know - Paul Lincoln is head of Border Force.
It’s 2020, it’s how organisations pass information for all staff to see these days. In an earlier post I did mention that more details will follow

dlrg

LE
It’s 2020, it’s how organisations pass information for all staff to see these days. In an earlier post I did mention that more details will follow
I see what you are saying, which is far from new. 2020 or not, until an official anouncement is made, this remains an internal email and nothing more. I'm reminded of the old addage - "There's many a slip 'twixt cup and lip".

Look forward seeing further details and for what it's worth, I think the institution of such a medal is a good idea.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Firstly, Border Force don’t write the Laws and Legislations of this country and have to follow orders just like the military or Police do. That includes releasing fighting aged males, who blatantly have smuggled themselves in to rejoin their respective organised crime group, knowing full well that as soon as they get to the ‘Bail Hostel’, they’ll bugger off into the ether.
Secondly, if you think you can do better in an organisation that refuses to adapt and improve with the times because “that’s the way we do things, and always have”, step up and have a go yourself.
Thirdly, this isn’t the NAAFI, keep your inane witless comments to yourself. I put the original post up as an interest for those members of ARRSE, who are working for BF or IE, who may not have seen the email yet.

I take it you are an ex serving member of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces? Your post would be like me saying to you “Ohyou’re ex military? You haven’t done a very good job of keeping out the IRA have you?”
In days gone past that would be definitely be considered a decent bite.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
...an organisation that refuses to adapt and improve with the times because “that’s the way we do things, and always have”
It's understandable that some things can become entrenched in the system of organisations which have perpetuated the manner of carrying out training and actions over a long period of time, but can a modern group use that excuse after less than eight and a half years...?

In days gone past that would be definitely be considered a decent bite.
The frothing was of a good standard, but the squealing could have used a little more timbre in the mezzo soprano range.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The frothing was of a good standard, but the squealing could have used a little more timbre in the mezzo soprano range.
Quite correct, but my ears are befokked these days.

It's understandable that some things can become entrenched in the system of organisations which have perpetuated the manner of carrying out training and actions over a long period of time, but can a modern group use that excuse after less than eight and a half years...?
Yes, unfortunately they can. All because when they merged organizations to form the Border Force, they brought into it thousands of tired old obese relics who refuse to change, adapt or improve. Until you retire off those abhorrent failures, the organisation won’t change for the better.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yes, unfortunately they can. All because when they merged organizations to form the Border Force, they brought into it thousands of tired old obese relics who refuse to change, adapt or improve. Until you retire off those abhorrent failures, the organisation won’t change for the better.
Perhaps they should replace Paul with an apologetic clamjouster with a record for offing the wrong people ?

Perhaps they should replace Paul with an apologetic clamjouster with a record for offing the wrong people ?
I'm surprised they haven't already.

OK OK stop selling me the job I'm applying

Out of interest, if Border Force allow you to aggregate prior military service do you happen to know if any of the above mentioned forces/agencies allow you to aggregate military long service as well?
No they don't - which makes this very unusual... as does the inclusion of bars. My reckoning is that someone has actually given this some thought for a change. This would make it pretty 'whinge-proof'.

Stand by for the others wanting bars and aggregated Crown service included for their respective tin.

New medal coming out soon for Border Force, they can aggregate prior service in the military, police, Immigration, etc. Will be for 20 years service, with clasps for each 10 years after
To be fair I consider them pretty inempt at their role, not for the lack of trying because of lack of powers, like PCSO's they have a designated role but are limited in what powers they can use to enforce it, less like deporting asylum seekers whom "legally" claim asylum once on our shores once here after they have fucked off from Calais

Why would you want to give them a gong in the first place?

To be fair I consider them pretty inempt at their role, not for the lack of trying because of lack of powers, like PCSO's they have a designated role but are limited in what powers they can use to enforce it, less like deporting asylum seekers whom "legally" claim asylum once on our shores once here after they have fucked off from Calais

Why would you want to give them a gong in the first place?
Social inclusion. It's discriminatory not to and their feelings may be hurt as a consequence of being discriminated against. They need to feel valued and like they are making a contribution and they need equality. NHS get clapped at 2000hrs. They want gongs.

Seems fair enough to me.

wheel

LE
So what you are saying is that thousands of tired old obese relics who refuse to change, adapt or improve are going to be eligible for a medal. Outstanding .

Latest Threads