Borat "aiding terrorists"

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Schaden, Oct 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

White House spokesman Tony Snow said that, “By showing interviews which make the Vice President appear ill-informed about popular culture, Mr. Cohen is only aiding the terrorists in their propaganda campaign to make America seem weak. The President is calling on all Americans who oppose terror to avoid Borat in person, on TV, and on the big screen.”

2. Oh purrrleeeeese!! :evil:
  3. Whats with the names lads, as i understand it:

Schaden = harm/hurt

Shcadenfreude = to take pleasure from harm/hurt

Something you want to tell us? its allowed now you know :wink:
  4. Stalin?

Who knows?
  5. LOL. Like the yanks need a british Comedian to make them look stupid.

Well Done Sasha Baron Cohen/Borat.

Shame he will probably be arrested under the Patriot Act and shipped to the new Camp X-ray. So much for the Land of FREE and home of the BRAVE. They purport to be proponents of free speech, but when they get shown to be the assholes that they are, they try to deport the guy who showed them up.

I like the way they republicans are trying to blame Clinton and the Democrats. Hillary and Bill are probably wetting themselves after hearing this. The worrying thing is that the guy who puts the blame on completely innocent people is the "likely presidential candidate" in 2008. Surely some alarm bells should be ringing!
  6. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

*sigh* a long time ago in flight sim - Red Baron3d - I was a feared (ok maybe not exactly feared) and fearless (it's cartoon planes on the internet, easy to be brave) pilot with the name of Schadenfreude - i've kept the name through numerous BBS's and games untill I arrived here and found it had already been taken!!!

Ahh the smell of dope, silk scarves and canvas, wind in the wires...heady times my son...heady times....
  7. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I didn't think this particular administration needs any help to appear as if it has its head up its arrse.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for the interview with the staff PR man that set up the interview obviously without checking credentials. Ouch.

Chance to work in Washington again? Perhaps with the Democratic Party by way of a thank you!

Thumbs up to Cohen again. Brilliant :D
  8. I don't know this geezer. I'm no chutney-ferret. The name "Schadenfreude" just sums me up. I LMFAO at the misfortunes of others. I saw this chap had a similar name and had started a thread ... so I thought I'd join in .... hence the lame reply.
  9. Appears to be a fake...
  10. Orwells 1984 was only a few years out.

A permanently running war against an abstract noun with no known goals nor end in sight. Used to manipulate and motivate all aspects of political and social policy.

Since when did comedians become dangerous to the security of a nation?
    Why is internment without trial suddenly a good idea again?
    What exactly is the "patriot act?"
    Why are school children pulled out of classes to speak to Secret service agents for their Myspace pages?
    Why is the only known policy about Iraq from Bush Jr: "this time its personal"

Ho hUm :)
  11. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Alas it appears so...damn!!
  12. At first, I thought I was going to support Borat, but I don't think I can with this one. He went to a Military event with a false identity, and used it for his own purposes.

Regardless of how you feel about Dick Cheney (I myself am not a huge fan), there are lines we shouldn't cross.

I have to say I'm a bit riled at the whole thing about "feasting on Iraqi children". That's just great. Absolutely wonderful.

I'm hoping this turns out to be fake (the pic looks fake anyway).
  13. i watched the borat movie last week

absolute first class!
  14. Hey thats news!
    Tony Snow issuing a Borat warning?
    I'm on to The Daily Show right away
  15. We are laughing at you, Chief, not with you.

Thats Cohens way. ;)

Look at the irony, not the content.

Shame 3 million Brit chavs couldnt and classed Ali G as an idol. He was actually taking the pish out of them.