Borat "aiding terrorists"

Schaden

LE
Book Reviewer
#1
White House spokesman Tony Snow said that, “By showing interviews which make the Vice President appear ill-informed about popular culture, Mr. Cohen is only aiding the terrorists in their propaganda campaign to make America seem weak. The President is calling on all Americans who oppose terror to avoid Borat in person, on TV, and on the big screen.”


http://datelinehollywood.com/archives/2006/10/22/borat-lands-interview-with-dick-cheney/

*snicker*
 
#3
Whats with the names lads, as i understand it:

Schaden = harm/hurt

Shcadenfreude = to take pleasure from harm/hurt

Something you want to tell us? its allowed now you know :wink:
 
#4
The party must appear strong and intelligent, Any attempt to denigrate the image of the leader will result in harsh penalties for the motherland, these evil liberals are encouraging our enemies and belittling the worthy deeds of our most inspired President.
Stalin?
Bush?

Who knows?
 
#5
LOL. Like the yanks need a british Comedian to make them look stupid.

Well Done Sasha Baron Cohen/Borat.

Shame he will probably be arrested under the Patriot Act and shipped to the new Camp X-ray. So much for the Land of FREE and home of the BRAVE. They purport to be proponents of free speech, but when they get shown to be the assholes that they are, they try to deport the guy who showed them up.

I like the way they republicans are trying to blame Clinton and the Democrats. Hillary and Bill are probably wetting themselves after hearing this. The worrying thing is that the guy who puts the blame on completely innocent people is the "likely presidential candidate" in 2008. Surely some alarm bells should be ringing!
 

Schaden

LE
Book Reviewer
#6
call_me_jack said:
Whats with the names lads, as i understand it:

Schaden = harm/hurt

Shcadenfreude = to take pleasure from harm/hurt

Something you want to tell us? its allowed now you know :wink:
*sigh* a long time ago in flight sim - Red Baron3d - I was a feared (ok maybe not exactly feared) and fearless (it's cartoon planes on the internet, easy to be brave) pilot with the name of Schadenfreude - i've kept the name through numerous BBS's and games untill I arrived here and found it had already been taken!!!

Ahh the smell of dope, silk scarves and canvas, wind in the wires...heady times my son...heady times....
 
#7
I didn't think this particular administration needs any help to appear as if it has its head up its arrse.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for the interview with the staff PR man that set up the interview obviously without checking credentials. Ouch.

Chance to work in Washington again? Perhaps with the Democratic Party by way of a thank you!

Thumbs up to Cohen again. Brilliant :D
 
#8
Schaden said:
call_me_jack said:
Whats with the names lads, as i understand it:

Schaden = harm/hurt

Shcadenfreude = to take pleasure from harm/hurt

Something you want to tell us? its allowed now you know :wink:
*sigh* a long time ago in flight sim - Red Baron3d - I was a feared (ok maybe not exactly feared) and fearless (it's cartoon planes on the internet, easy to be brave) pilot with the name of Schadenfreude - i've kept the name through numerous BBS's and games untill I arrived here and found it had already been taken!!!

Ahh the smell of dope, silk scarves and canvas, wind in the wires...heady times my son...heady times....
I don't know this geezer. I'm no chutney-ferret. The name "Schadenfreude" just sums me up. I LMFAO at the misfortunes of others. I saw this chap had a similar name and had started a thread ... so I thought I'd join in .... hence the lame reply.
 
#9
Appears to be a fake...
 
#10
Orwells 1984 was only a few years out.

A permanently running war against an abstract noun with no known goals nor end in sight. Used to manipulate and motivate all aspects of political and social policy.

Since when did comedians become dangerous to the security of a nation?
Why is internment without trial suddenly a good idea again?
What exactly is the "patriot act?"
Why are school children pulled out of classes to speak to Secret service agents for their Myspace pages?
Why is the only known policy about Iraq from Bush Jr: "this time its personal"

Ho hUm :)
 
#12
At first, I thought I was going to support Borat, but I don't think I can with this one. He went to a Military event with a false identity, and used it for his own purposes.

Regardless of how you feel about Dick Cheney (I myself am not a huge fan), there are lines we shouldn't cross.

I have to say I'm a bit riled at the whole thing about "feasting on Iraqi children". That's just great. Absolutely wonderful.

I'm hoping this turns out to be fake (the pic looks fake anyway).
 
#14
Hey thats news!
Tony Snow issuing a Borat warning?
I'm on to The Daily Show right away
 
#15
Chief_Joseph said:
At first, I thought I was going to support Borat, but I don't think I can with this one. He went to a Military event with a false identity, and used it for his own purposes.

Regardless of how you feel about Dick Cheney (I myself am not a huge fan), there are lines we shouldn't cross.

I have to say I'm a bit riled at the whole thing about "feasting on Iraqi children". That's just great. Absolutely wonderful.

I'm hoping this turns out to be fake (the pic looks fake anyway).
We are laughing at you, Chief, not with you.

Thats Cohens way. ;)

Look at the irony, not the content.

Shame 3 million Brit chavs couldnt and classed Ali G as an idol. He was actually taking the pish out of them.
 
#16
And it's usually funny. Traditionally I've been a fan of Cohen's work. I'll probably see the Borat movie anyway. This news is fake anyway
 
#17
ishinryu said:
LOL. Like the yanks need a british Comedian to make them look stupid.

Well Done Sasha Baron Cohen/Borat.

Shame he will probably be arrested under the Patriot Act and shipped to the new Camp X-ray. So much for the Land of FREE and home of the BRAVE. They purport to be proponents of free speech, but when they get shown to be the assholes that they are, they try to deport the guy who showed them up.

I like the way they republicans are trying to blame Clinton and the Democrats. Hillary and Bill are probably wetting themselves after hearing this. The worrying thing is that the guy who puts the blame on completely innocent people is the "likely presidential candidate" in 2008. Surely some alarm bells should be ringing!
-God, but your gullible, it's not a "real" site, 1 minute of looking at it would have showed you that. :roll:
 
#18
LineDoggie said:
ishinryu said:
LOL. Like the yanks need a british Comedian to make them look stupid.

Well Done Sasha Baron Cohen/Borat.

Shame he will probably be arrested under the Patriot Act and shipped to the new Camp X-ray. So much for the Land of FREE and home of the BRAVE. They purport to be proponents of free speech, but when they get shown to be the assholes that they are, they try to deport the guy who showed them up.

I like the way they republicans are trying to blame Clinton and the Democrats. Hillary and Bill are probably wetting themselves after hearing this. The worrying thing is that the guy who puts the blame on completely innocent people is the "likely presidential candidate" in 2008. Surely some alarm bells should be ringing!
-God, but your gullible, it's not a "real" site, 1 minute of looking at it would have showed you that. :roll:

Also on Dateline: Hollywood

* LIMBAUGH CALLS CHRISTOPHER REEVE FAKER
* BORAT LANDS INTERVIEW WITH DICK CHENEY
* E! TO COUNT DOWN 101 SEXIEST CELEBRITY VAGINAS
* MORGAN FREEMAN IN REHAB; UNABLE TO STOP NARRATING
* CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK MERGING WITH THE WEATHER CHANNEL

;)
 
#19
The Lord Flasheart said:
LineDoggie said:
ishinryu said:
LOL. Like the yanks need a british Comedian to make them look stupid.

Well Done Sasha Baron Cohen/Borat.

Shame he will probably be arrested under the Patriot Act and shipped to the new Camp X-ray. So much for the Land of FREE and home of the BRAVE. They purport to be proponents of free speech, but when they get shown to be the assholes that they are, they try to deport the guy who showed them up.

I like the way they republicans are trying to blame Clinton and the Democrats. Hillary and Bill are probably wetting themselves after hearing this. The worrying thing is that the guy who puts the blame on completely innocent people is the "likely presidential candidate" in 2008. Surely some alarm bells should be ringing!
-God, but your gullible, it's not a "real" site, 1 minute of looking at it would have showed you that. :roll:

Also on Dateline: Hollywood

* LIMBAUGH CALLS CHRISTOPHER REEVE FAKER
* BORAT LANDS INTERVIEW WITH DICK CHENEY
* E! TO COUNT DOWN 101 SEXIEST CELEBRITY VAGINAS
* MORGAN FREEMAN IN REHAB; UNABLE TO STOP NARRATING
* CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK MERGING WITH THE WEATHER CHANNEL

;)
OK, Had a closer look at the site. Consider me suitably chastised. But you have to admire the website authors. I, and I guess like many other people, so wanted it to be true. Considering Sasha Baron Cohen's track record, I wish he would show the Yanks their government for what they really are.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C The NAAFI Bar 9
crabtastic The NAAFI Bar 1
Barrack Room Lawyer Films, Music and All Things Artsy 4

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads