Boozing Blair

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Abdiel, Sep 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently Blair writes that Brown was so infuriating during his last years that he started laying down the booze as well as claiming Brown's abilities were overrated (blimey that may have been a true statement from Blair, a pig just flew past my window) and also claims he had no choice but to lie.

Tony Blair's memoirs: Pressure drove former PM to drink | Mail Online
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Well at least he's normal enough to enjoy a drink now and again. I think he was fully entitled - not only did he have a raving loony living next door, but he had a very ugly wife indeed. I'd need more than a couple of pints before covering that one.....
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yes, he had to drink because life was so tough you know. Actually, he's the victim, not the troops he sent to war without the kit they needed, nor the Iraqis on the receiving end of that 'regime change', or the tax-payers who have to fund it. It must have been really hard for him, telling all those lies and eating Bush's shit.

I'm choc-a-block full of sympathy for the guy, really. He deserves a medal he does, and perhaps that's why the septics gave him one.

If this comes across as a little insincere, well, that's the kind of guy I am.
  4. Don't worry Biped, I'm sure he'll have enough money from his grubby little book to buy his own now that the BBC have given him millions of pounds worth of free advertising. :roll:
  5. A ****'s Julep?
  6. But he's not even a very good drinker - "even half a bottle of it [wine]"! Half a bottle of vodka and he would be a boozer.

Alcoholic walt :)
  7. As has been said, he had good enough reason to hit the bottle when you think of the creatures around him. I heard him on the radio this morning describing Cyclops as "essentially my No 2". True though that was, this admission will not have gone down well in Hull, where Lord Lardarse of the Pies, who exhibited a touching (and unique) belief in the validity of his 'job' as DPM, will be dost mispleased.

Incidentally, one or two of my lady friends who have had the dubious pleasure of meeting Tone have commented on his huge hands - a sure sign, I'm archly told, of his having (as well as being) a big prick. Could this possibly account for the width and peculiar shape of La Cherie's oral orifice? I think we ought to be told (and we probably will, in due course).
  8. If I'd been the Prime Minister at that time I think I would have done more than hit the bottle.

Some of the posters on this site are full blown alcoholics after spending a couple of months on exercise in BAOR.
  9. Ace.:) i owe you a pint.
  10. When Bliar called Gordy his "number two", he meant of course that he was a complete shit.
  11. Admitting to an error: the ban on foxhunting.

Regrets: Not being firmer with Gordon.

I haven't had such a good laugh since that Sinn Fein councilor whinged about nasty, rough people leaving a bomb in his village.

12. That made I larff.
  13. Was Tony's pastime the reason why 24hr drinking was brought in? just a thought!
  14. I'm with Idrach - a drinking Walt. Charles Kennedy, now he was the real thing.