Boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by lofty1, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

Just wondering where the best and cheapest place to buy Magnum (or a simular type) boot's?

Any help is much appreciated!

Lofty

2. Magnums are Shite, get them issued at work and they fall to bits in 2/3 months of walking around a shopping centre. You would have to be insane to wear them in the field.

3. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

IMHO don't bother, you get what you pay for.. Buy a decent pair.

Everyone has their personal favourite, the one bit of advice you should heed is, buy boots from somewhere who measures your feet and are trained in boot fitting..

see the link above :)

4. Thanks guys, appreciate the help!

5. I went on a track day with an Aston Martin V12. It broke down about 2 minutes in.

Nobody should buy Aston Martins, they all break down in 2 minutes on a race track, never mind serious use on British Roads.

What am I trying to say? Plenty of people don't ruin Magnums after 2-3 months. They're not all shite. You just heard somebody on the forum say they were shite, so you joined in, didn't you!

Given, they're no Lowas or Altbergs. But look after them, and they do last a while if used in the purpose they're designed for.

6. If your looking for magnum-esque boots, but want somthing where the "leather" dosent peel of after you walk through a puddle (god, this sounds like a sales pitch, it isnt) you should try (and no i CBA to provide a link, use your google) highlander delta boots.
    They were what i was using, and very succesfully too, untill some scrote nicked ONE ofr them. You know, itd piss me off less if he'd nicked both, they were good boots. :x

7. If your looking for magnum-esque boots, but want somthing where the "leather" dosent peel of after you walk through a puddle (god, this sounds like a sales pitch, it isnt) you should try (and no i CBA to provide a link, use your google) highlander delta boots.
    They were what i was using, and very succesfully too, untill some scrote nicked ONE ofr them. You know, itd piss me off less if he'd nicked both, they were good boots. :x

Edit:and the leather smells nice :p

8. If you do decide you want a pair of Magnums, Millets or Sports Direct do them.

Not that I have ever, ever owned a pair.

9. mattyw

mattyw Old-Salt Reviewer

Lowa are a good boot brand.

10. I tend to find that Q&M’s can cater for all my needs

11. Been speaking to brasher about there lightweight boots, they are interested in bringing out black versions as opposed to the civvy brown.

12. Boeing are a good brand of planes too.

Doesn't mean I know anything about them or can make a hearty recommendation to the aviation community.

Like's been said, there's a thread on boots stickied to this forum so big that it challenges some editions of the bible.

(waiting out for thread lock)

13. Buy lowa super camps I did and have never looked back

14. Magnums are fvcking s.hite for everything,if you want a pair for free pm as ive got a platoons worth that the blokes dont want.This is because they are infantry soldiers who value thier ankles intact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.