Boots with extra ankle support

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Arfur, Feb 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Suffering from comedically weak glass ankles as I do, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a boot that has some kind of reinforced ankle support? I currently use Aircast splints inside my issue boots, which are both cumbersome and uncomfortable - any ideas?

2. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

My matterhorns always give very good ankle support when I'm up in scotland. I'd recommend them. I *think* that they're Orions but not too sure.

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Tried these ?

[​IMG]

4. What about some exercises to strengthen up the stability in your ankle - just simple things like standing on one leg whilst you brush your teeth etc. Sounds silly but it works. If you google for exercises, I'm sure you'll find something that will improve you current situation.

A_L

5. Ski/Snow boarding boots have fantastic ankle support. Down side is you will look a right cnut wearing them on the drill square :lol:

6. Having exactly the same problem, I bought a pair of Lowa Mountain boots (the lower-cut ones). They've been excellent, tons of support, so much so that I'm pretty sure they stopped me breaking my ankle once. Fantastic, would thoroughly recommend them.
    I've tried a mate's Lowa Combats (the taller ones), and I'm pretty sure they offer less support.

7. See a physio, people don't have weak ankles they have bad Pro-perception (Some one will spell it right)

theGimp

8. proprioception GOOGLED spelling

9. proprioception GOOGLED spelling

10. Running on sand helps I have been told. Move to the coast. Failing that follow the above options!

11. You can get Lowa boots on issue. In fact if you have dodgy feet you can get any boots you desire on issue. I have 2 pairs of Lowa and one pair of Altberg micro-lites courtesy of HMF as i've got foot and calf problems. May be worth looking into!

12. Alternately leave now and save the tax payer thousands.

13. TBH i'd rather the tax payer contribute to soldiers footwear then to asylum seekers, single 15 year old mothers or layabouts who are happy to sponge off the state. At least we as soldiers pay our taxes even when serving abroad on operations!

14. So would I, but thats not the point is it?

15. What is the point? You have lost me on this one!