Boots with extra ankle support

Suffering from comedically weak glass ankles as I do, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a boot that has some kind of reinforced ankle support? I currently use Aircast splints inside my issue boots, which are both cumbersome and uncomfortable - any ideas?

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
My matterhorns always give very good ankle support when I'm up in scotland. I'd recommend them. I *think* that they're Orions but not too sure.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Tried these ?

What about some exercises to strengthen up the stability in your ankle - just simple things like standing on one leg whilst you brush your teeth etc. Sounds silly but it works. If you google for exercises, I'm sure you'll find something that will improve you current situation.

A_L

Arfur said:
Suffering from comedically weak glass ankles as I do, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a boot that has some kind of reinforced ankle support? I currently use Aircast splints inside my issue boots, which are both cumbersome and uncomfortable - any ideas?
Ski/Snow boarding boots have fantastic ankle support. Down side is you will look a right cnut wearing them on the drill square :lol:

Having exactly the same problem, I bought a pair of Lowa Mountain boots (the lower-cut ones). They've been excellent, tons of support, so much so that I'm pretty sure they stopped me breaking my ankle once. Fantastic, would thoroughly recommend them.
I've tried a mate's Lowa Combats (the taller ones), and I'm pretty sure they offer less support.

See a physio, people don't have weak ankles they have bad Pro-perception (Some one will spell it right)

theGimp

You can get Lowa boots on issue. In fact if you have dodgy feet you can get any boots you desire on issue. I have 2 pairs of Lowa and one pair of Altberg micro-lites courtesy of HMF as i've got foot and calf problems. May be worth looking into!

Outstanding said:
Alternately leave now and save the tax payer thousands.
TBH i'd rather the tax payer contribute to soldiers footwear then to asylum seekers, single 15 year old mothers or layabouts who are happy to sponge off the state. At least we as soldiers pay our taxes even when serving abroad on operations!

I had a similar problems with both ankles following injuries. 6 Months physio sorted it out...soldier on

Physio is not an ideal method of addressing injuries which are caused by ill fitting boots as you are basically fighting a losing battle. Finding a suitable pair of boots or othotics would be a wiser option.

injuries were not caused by boots..something to do with hitting the ground at a great rate of knots!!...after the cast came off I had no further treatment and suffered weak ankles for years. 10 years later some doctor suggested a sports physio..it worked.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
7191 Military Clothing & Boots 10
Spanish Weapons, Equipment & Rations 1
Pox_Dr The Intelligence Cell 40