boots when i get to basic

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any way to soften ur boots apart from running in them...i heard that if u put ur boots in hot water 4 half an hour dry them there a bit softer is this true?

walk in them

pi$$ in them

but on a serious note, I wouldnt really fancy having wet boots, what if you actually need to wear them

edited because having urine wet boots makes me sound a bit of a twat.

grin and bare it mate, or get yourself a good set of insoles

lol alrte u got me there ...so without running,walking,pissing or shitting in them?

Polish them

or if your flush, buy a pair of issue boots before you go and wear them in a bit first

Foshy as has been said the only way to break your boots in is to use them ie walk or run in them.

mattrlc said:
or if your flush, buy a pair of issue boots before you go and wear them in a bit first
Agreed

mattrlc said:
Can you actually do this?? I heard you'd get a right earful of the staff if you do?....

alternatively..
grow some testicles
and stop trying to find secret ways to break them in.
wear them everywhere
and give them a deep layer of polish, it'll soak in a make them more...nice.

Can_do_attitude said:
mattrlc said:
Can you actually do this?? I heard you'd get a right earful of the staff if you do?....
dont get caught then :p

Can_do_attitude said:
mattrlc said:
No you can't, you will wear the pairs you get issued with.

drill, marching, boot runs, river runs, bft in boots, running at night with a pack and boots on, exercises (angry camping type)

This will break your boots in

failing that go back to pi55ing in them

ok il just take shit loads of foot cream and plasters 4 the blisters!

foshy said:
ok il just take s*** loads of foot cream and plasters 4 the blisters!
You have a lot to learn.

Seriously one of the biggest problems is that youngsters joining these days have spent their lifes in trainers, no school shoes etc and their feet are soft. If you have time before you go and can afford it get a pair of boots and wear them as much as possible. You may not be able to take them in with you but your feet will at least be partially aclimatised to boots. Whatever happens good luck and enjoy it, even the "bad" bits will seem good when you look back on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A The Training Wing 9
marc_mcfc The Training Wing 7
weejones Weapons, Equipment & Rations 2