• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

boots when i get to basic

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any way to soften ur boots apart from running in them...i heard that if u put ur boots in hot water 4 half an hour dry them there a bit softer is this true?

but on a serious note, I wouldnt really fancy having wet boots, what if you actually need to wear them

edited because having urine wet boots makes me sound a bit of a twat.

grin and bare it mate, or get yourself a good set of insoles

line your boots with a plastic bag and then fill the bag with cooking oil heated to 36 degrees celsius, leave for a week and your boots will be sorted.

honest

alternatively..
grow some testicles
and stop trying to find secret ways to break them in.
wear them everywhere
and give them a deep layer of polish, it'll soak in a make them more...nice.

drill, marching, boot runs, river runs, bft in boots, running at night with a pack and boots on, exercises (angry camping type)

This will break your boots in

Seriously one of the biggest problems is that youngsters joining these days have spent their lifes in trainers, no school shoes etc and their feet are soft. If you have time before you go and can afford it get a pair of boots and wear them as much as possible. You may not be able to take them in with you but your feet will at least be partially aclimatised to boots. Whatever happens good luck and enjoy it, even the "bad" bits will seem good when you look back on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads