Boots the Chemist

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by eve1962, Feb 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A woman was not allowed to have the "morning after" pill because it offended the Chemist's religion. What is happening to this country?

:?

2. That's just not right, but... Links to story/source?

I'm sure (hope) Boots will be taking action against this type of thing. What's next, "I'm not going to fill this prescription for antibiotics to treat your STD because you deserve it"?? Probably stop selling condoms, and lubricant too. damn stupid.

3. dont post bone subjects like this in the current afairs unless you back it up with a link to the story and think it may produce some intelligent discussion.

Maybe better in the int cell.

A_S

PS yes it is ridiculous that she couldnt get the pill because of the chemists religion.

4. Can't find a link, was in the paper over the weekend though. Definitely Boots in the UK.

5. How ferkin ridiculous, but doesn't surprise me in the least - this country is buggered.

Buying the morning after pill in Boots is a fcuking nightmare in itself anyway.....

Moody (Whispering) - Erm, hi yeah, can I erm please get the morning after pill please?

Boots Bast ard - THE MORNING AFTER PILL YOU SAY. OK BUT I WILL HAVE TO ASK YOU A FEW QUESTIONS FIRST.

Moody - Ok, ok but can we make it quick.

(Boots bast ard goes out the back where he proceeds to call Moodybitch slut to all his colleagues)

Boots Bast ard - Ah yes, here it is. Now with the questions.....WHEN DID YOU HAVE SEX?

Moody - WTF!!! *Blushes*

Boots Barst ard - WERE YOU USING ANY CONTRACEPTION OR ARE YOU JUST AN IRRESPONSIBLE SLAG?

WRE YOU BENT OVER THE TABLE OR BEING BORING AND DOING IT MISSONARY STYLE?

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LAFF AT TITS LIKE YOU WHO COME HERE, GET HUMILIATED AND HAVE TO PAY £25 FOR THE FCUKING PRIVILAGE?

Moody - Cnut

6. That has not happend where i work yet, well i do work in Lloyds Pharmacy part time

7. Chav

8. Me chav ? haha ok then :S

9. I wonder if it would it have been more acceptable if it had been a private pharmacy and the chappy or chappette in charge had just made the decision not to stock the pill?

At first glance this story does seem harsh, but we all end up doing some things on the basis that our employer feels that they are either a) acceptable or b) expedient (whether economically or militarily). Should a person be forced to resign their job (which is the final sanction an employee could take, outside of litigation, if they disagree with their employer’s policy) or simply be allowed to make their own stand with respect to the small part of their boss’ business plan with which they have issues?

After all that brave medic fellow from the LONDONS resigned his lucrative TA job over the fact that UK PLC had decided to invade Iraq, but wouldn’t he have been better just to have a chat with his CO and explain that he liked being a medic but that there was no place for him saving lives in Shaibah? His courage in the face of adverse comment was and remains exemplary and he is, I’m sure, a source of pride for the soldiers in his erstwhile unit; a slightly less extreme line might, though, have allowed him to continue serving.

Oh and Moody, we never did find out if you were getting reamed over the table or not…

10. They - not just Boots - do ask questions before serving with OTC items. E.g. Tagamet please. Have you used this before/what other medication are you taking sort of thing. Sometimes ring a ding and wave item at the boss person.

11. Cheers ORC, I was referring more to the pharmacist choosing who/what to serve depending on morals/ethics. I have a rough idea how it's meant to work as I did my Pharmacy counter assistant qualifications for my saturday job during 6th form. :wink:

Used to get some "quality individuals" in there...

12. Are you still taking those pills which give you tits and a high pitched voice?

13. A quick search on Google and voila:

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=15235707&method=full&siteid=106694&headline=boots-girl-to-customer--sorry-but-i-can-t-sell-you-the-morning-after-pill---it-s-against-my-religion-name_page.html

14. Ah feck, the story is from the mirror! Its bound to have arms and legs added to it and is most likely just sh1te! :D

PS, moody, youv'e got a new anya to bait! :D :D

Just remember she is only 16 so may be able to show you up in the flexibility and fitness stakes, but you can use your womanly wiles and all the experience that life has brought you (a polite way of saying yer an old shoite vs a baby! :twisted: )

A_S