Boots sizing Aku , don’t have a clue

I need some advice on aku boots if anyone can shed light on sizing , ie some thing I can wear for a bimble in the countryside, saw some cheap what is the difference between a ‘ medium and a large , ? Does that imply medium is the regular size and Large is the next half size up ,or is Large meant to mean wide ,
Thanks in advance if you know

“Yeauh I know bit of a backward question just thought I’d ask anyway “

Go to a shop and try some on, you might find there aren't very comfortable. If I'd gave paid £200 for a pair I'd be gutted.

morsk

LE
My advice on AKU boots is don't. They're shit. Too light, nothing like waterproof, no ankle support, they eat laces..... the only bonus is they are light. Toms like them because they not need polishing.

Pilgrim - the issue ones, obvs

The_Poltroon

Old-Salt
I need some advice on aku boots if anyone can shed light on sizing , ie some thing I can wear for a bimble in the countryside, saw some cheap what is the difference between a ‘ medium and a large , ? Does that imply medium is the regular size and Large is the next half size up ,or is Large meant to mean wide ,
Thanks in advance if you know

“Yeauh I know bit of a backward question just thought I’d ask anyway “
I had no idea they came in anything other than medium

I took an 11L in the old assault boots (the one with the crumbly soles) and I find that a 12M in the Pilgrims is bang on

I love them... they’re great boots

definitely try some on if you’re thinking of buying any though

The Medium/Large is the width like on the old boots.

Most bods at work think they're great (although they are idle about polishing boots) but I found them wholly uncomfortable, they pinch a lot around the ankles and get very hot with the supposedly gore-tex lining. They have rather hard soles as well so found they didn't cushion against impact very well.

Gabion Groyne

Old-Salt
I'm on my second pair of Pilgrims and find them comfortable, waterproof, grippy (Vibram) and can even run a bit in them. They offer good cushioned ankle protection from rocks, and size-wise I'm 9 1/2, same as my shoes but with thicker socks would be 10. Don't know about width.

Only negative is they could probably offer more padding on the sole.

Latest Threads