Boots for Urban Police use (and Gore-Tex sucks)

Best check your local instructions first. A visiting DS was 'Them' and showed me his, I just picked up on them from there. Rig are much lighter than Danners, and I've never dented the toecaps but I don't know what they're made of. It's a British company but the leather comes from Spain, I guess it all does really. It was a non-uniform role and my job was happy to approve / supply them, CE approved and kitemarks, etc.
Before it sounds like I work for Rig: the metal eyelets rot from sea water. Just pick them out and carry on, the leather holes don't tear and they weren't really needed in the first place.

Mike996

Swinger
http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sit.../zoom/G62307_01_standard.jpg?sw=2000&sfrm=jpg

Adidas GSG9 low cut boot, had 3 pairs in 10 years, best all round boot for driving, running and general comfort IMHO.

Wets.

These are highly rated by a lot of people and they look like they are the ultimate urban use boot I've seen a post somewhere by a German copper who had his for 5 years of police work..............

Found it he compares his new ones with the 5 year old ones here it is
But are this ''uniform wear'' accepted by the UK Police as they have a rather sporty look?

Old Nig

Old-Salt
These are highly rated by a lot of people and they look like they are the ultimate urban use boot I've seen a post somewhere by a German copper who had his for 5 years of police work..............

Found it he compares his new ones with the 5 year old ones here it is
But are this ''uniform wear'' accepted by the UK Police as they have a rather sporty look?
You could certainly wear them in my mob, no one really gives a toss what you wear as long as they are black.
I saw a traffic bod wearing black ankle high trainers the other week. I can only assume he had a biff chit of some sort, but it looked daft and strange.

Lowa Urban for the summer and a pair of Danner Arcadia for the winter, luckily I get the Lowa's issued and the Danners cost me nowt.
If I had to buy a pair then probably Lowa Elite Light would be a good all rounder.
Want a nice pair of Danner Rivots? Good price for you sir......nowt.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

A lot of Coppers recommend Altberg peacekeeper I did go to a shop to try them on but was not that impressed the sole I found very hard with not a lot of flex.

simply- ask them for Sneekers with the Skywalk sole (the one used in all police boots by them). You will get lighter, more flexible boots than peacekeepers- but you will have to wait a bit for them (few weeks most likely)- as they are made to order.
Tabbing boots aren't bad either, but I hardly see any advantage over the sneekers- yes, they are slightly lighter and shorter, they are wider in toe area... and that's all. But Altberg managed to screw the lacing system in them (when compared to sneekers).
Or, if you wish for better waterproofness (without using goratex et al.) go for all leather lowa elites- they are full leather (unlike boots i've mentioned earlier, which have cordura parts), so they will be more waterproof- for the price of being slightly heavier and less breathable- but at least they have a decent soles!
or get Haix GSG9 boots, although goratex they are still lightweight and comfy.

British combat boots.jpg

begbie

Old-Salt
Want a nice pair of Danner Rivots? Good price for you sir......nowt.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
Nah my Arcadia are still going strong, it's not like we get extreme winters. I'm sure some of the boot perverts on here will be frothing at the gash to get them off you.

Who remembers the AIRWAIR boots in the 70's made by GT HAWKINS of Northampton called PARADOC'S.

Lightweight and narrow style with either 8 or 10 eyelets (some had hooks which were not suitable for parachuting), yellow para style wing motif and the wording PARADOC'S on the side (which was removed by wire wool).

I had a pair in NI as spare boots or for night patrols as the OC did not like them being worn during the day.

Great for sanger duties.

Or

Boots DMS with Doc Martin tops sewn on and side zip (Chogie Specials), great until the zips failed and you had to repair them out on the ground with black nasty.

Given the size and build of today's lightweight boots, it's no surprise that NI boots were so gash. When the old man walked the beat he had some proper weird boots, a Chelsea boot with a "belt" to tighten it round the ankle. Resoling them probably kept the local cobbler going

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I remember my favourite pair of boots, I used to wear them every day, they were brilliant and really comfortable. After a few years they began to fall apart so I threw them away.

Imagine my surprise when I opened the door the next day and found them on my doorstep? They'd made their way back to my home all by themselves!

Turns out boots have souls too.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I checked my insoles - they're made by a company called Spenco - Amazon product - expensive, but worth every penny IMHO if you're on your feet a lot. I've used them now in every pair of boots I've had for almost twenty years.

Latest Threads