BOOTS, comfy, REMFs and walts for the use of,

I need to get some boots for light tabbing/field work with my Air cadets.

What about issue pro-boots, unlined? I hear the gore tex ones have advantages, but if they do get wet, they stay wet longer than the unlined ones. Any truth in that?

Last time I wore a military boot it was DMS high, and it did me no good at all!

All advice greatly appreciated.

walt_of_the_walts said:
I need to get some boots for light tabbing/field work with my Air cadets.

What about issue pro-boots, unlined? I hear the gore tex ones have advantages, but if they do get wet, they stay wet longer than the unlined ones. Any truth in that?

Last time I wore a military boot it was DMS high, and it did me no good at all!

All advice greatly appreciated.
I had a pair of pro boots years ago for cadet stuff, and they are perfect for it. Fr cadet work, you'll never be in them long enough to worry about wet feet. I tested by Lowas wet capability in canada on a route march, f*cking things were soaked for days after.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Boots, lightweight, patrol, black: Hi Tech magnums to the rest of the world. They are an issue item for warm weather situations so are widely used.

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
A company called Grafters do a copy magnum which is reasonable quality for about £26. Highlander also do one for similar money.They are more than adequate for cadet use.

Search that interweb thingy and you will find a dealer easily enough.

For gods sake don't buy highlanders, the inner fell out of mine in 3 months and they stank how ever much gay talk I put in them.

yeah lowa's are ace but pricey (£129.99-http://www.adventure1.co.uk/) they even do the mountain boot version in a wide fitting , did a week solid at whinny hill and had no probs whatsoever. Also your right about the gortex lining staying wet for longer but thats what seal skinzs were invented for.

Latest Threads