BOOTS, comfy, REMFs and walts for the use of,

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by walt_of_the_walts, Dec 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need to get some boots for light tabbing/field work with my Air cadets.

What about issue pro-boots, unlined? I hear the gore tex ones have advantages, but if they do get wet, they stay wet longer than the unlined ones. Any truth in that?

Last time I wore a military boot it was DMS high, and it did me no good at all!

All advice greatly appreciated.

2. I had a pair of pro boots years ago for cadet stuff, and they are perfect for it. Fr cadet work, you'll never be in them long enough to worry about wet feet. I tested by Lowas wet capability in canada on a route march, f*cking things were soaked for days after.

3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Boots, lightweight, patrol, black: Hi Tech magnums to the rest of the world. They are an issue item for warm weather situations so are widely used.

4. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

A company called Grafters do a copy magnum which is reasonable quality for about £26. Highlander also do one for similar money.They are more than adequate for cadet use.

Search that interweb thingy and you will find a dealer easily enough.

5. For gods sake don't buy highlanders, the inner fell out of mine in 3 months and they stank how ever much gay talk I put in them.

6. yeah lowa's are ace but pricey (£129.99-http://www.adventure1.co.uk/) they even do the mountain boot version in a wide fitting , did a week solid at whinny hill and had no probs whatsoever. Also your right about the gortex lining staying wet for longer but thats what seal skinzs were invented for.