Boots combat uncomfartable

Wht is it that as soon as you have your boots as comfy as slippers you find that the soles have worn out, but the leather (cardboard substitue etc) is now shaped perfectly to your fallen arched feet.

Surely would it not be better for us to re-sole our lovely comfy boots than go through the living hell of trying to break in boots designed for the criminally insane.

Oh and I'm not pissing in them again, who ever thought of that one has been having the longest laughs in the history of the Army ???

Yep very true.
Comfiest boots I ever had though were definitely the old Urban Patrol Boots. They were definitely slipperlike and were broken in in less time than a 16 year old virgin.

I have to say that the Cbt High Boots on general issue today are the worst boot I have ever had the mispleasure to wear. When the Army do bring out a good set of boots ie: Matterhorn or Pro they say you cant wear them in camp WOTZ IT ALL ABOUT !!!!

added to that why do RSM's insist on us bulling toecaps ?is it not missuse and damage? Bulling destroys what waterproofing there is in boots.

Nurse you wear court shoes anyway  ??? ::) ???

SSM,

Get yourself on a Balkans tour they throw Matts and Pros at you by the dozen.  Stop doing that UK based rear party thing and enjoy life.

PS.  They even give you a medal to wear at mess dinners.

SSM,

Get yourself on a Balkans tour they throw Matts and Pros at you by the dozen.  Stop doing that UK based rear party thing and enjoy life.

PS.  They even give you a medal to wear at mess dinners.

mmm nother medal to go with VRSM and Jubilee medal.
and second pair of boots thrown in to sounds good ;)

I have been waiting for pro boots for years now and i know that there is no hope of getting any :mad:.I was told that they only had massive sizes left and wern't getting any more in( what a surprise ),but then some of the other girls whinged to the TC and some were ordered in especially in a size 4!!. I have always found my combat highs comfy,until they wore out that is and guess what?? yes thats right our regiment isnt getting any more of them in either, god talk about pis*ed off!!  ???. I mean is it hard to supply soldiers with the kit these days or what  :mad:

I took my boot, CH to a physio after a spate of achilles problems in my unit and she said that it wasn't bloody surprising, cos they were shit.

PS pro boots? - how about issuing them to the bloody infantry? The reason there are none left is because they've all been issued to some land - rover inhabiting types.
Its the same old story. Whenever, the infantry on Saif Sariah II needed something to wrap their melting feet in, there was always a spare copy of The Sun with a picture of some "hero" from the RAF/RLC, clad in desert boots, playing volleyball with Geri Halliwell. Just for once, it would be nice to see the infantry equipped with all it needs before the RLC swathes itself in Gucci kit. Has anyone in the RLC tried the tale of the German General staff who reduced their rations to Stalingrad levels in a gesture of solidarity? :mad:

pps "uncomfOrtable"

achilles tendonitis has been a problem with combat boot since it was first issued.
If you want to see a bad issue boot look at PSNI'S new italian leather,gortex lined , flame retardant, steel toe capped boot. looked at brother in laws (who has same size feet as me) they were horrible it appears than your foot gives before the boot does. He said they are heavy and uncomfortable.
The army does need to sort its boots out. The Pro boots seem good but are being ruined by RSM's taking highly polished to mean bulled thus screwing up the waterproofing. When the Guards depot had combat high and Ammo boots(for drill) it was a chargeable offence to bull combat boots.

nurse said:
The Pro boots seem good but are being ruined by RSM's taking highly polished to mean bulled thus screwing up the waterproofing.

How can bulling boots (i.e. applying polish) screw up the waterproofing?

msr