Boots combat uncomfartable

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by camp_freddy, Feb 3, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wht is it that as soon as you have your boots as comfy as slippers you find that the soles have worn out, but the leather (cardboard substitue etc) is now shaped perfectly to your fallen arched feet.

Surely would it not be better for us to re-sole our lovely comfy boots than go through the living hell of trying to break in boots designed for the criminally insane.

Oh and I'm not pissing in them again, who ever thought of that one has been having the longest laughs in the history of the Army ???

2. Yep very true.
    Comfiest boots I ever had though were definitely the old Urban Patrol Boots. They were definitely slipperlike and were broken in in less time than a 16 year old virgin.

3. i've re-soled a pair of pro boots twice now...

4. ;DBring back Puttees and low leg DMS ::)

oh how i miss those days

5. ;DBring back Puttees and low leg DMS ::)  Move comfartable than a broken in naafi growler (if u could touch the sides)

oh how i miss those days

6. ;DBring back Puttees and low leg DMS ::)  More comfartable than a broken in naafi growler (if u could touch the sides)

oh how i miss those days

7. I have to say that the Cbt High Boots on general issue today are the worst boot I have ever had the mispleasure to wear. When the Army do bring out a good set of boots ie: Matterhorn or Pro they say you cant wear them in camp WOTZ IT ALL ABOUT !!!!

8. added to that why do RSM's insist on us bulling toecaps ?is it not missuse and damage? Bulling destroys what waterproofing there is in boots.

9. Nurse you wear court shoes anyway  ??? ::) ???

10. not with cbat95

11. The Cav do!

12. Nuff said,

Cav - nothing but armoured horseshite with a funny dress sense.

Pass the Cravat Jeremy ;D

13. SSM,

Get yourself on a Balkans tour they throw Matts and Pros at you by the dozen.  Stop doing that UK based rear party thing and enjoy life.

PS.  They even give you a medal to wear at mess dinners.

14. SSM,

Get yourself on a Balkans tour they throw Matts and Pros at you by the dozen.  Stop doing that UK based rear party thing and enjoy life.

PS.  They even give you a medal to wear at mess dinners.

15. mmm nother medal to go with VRSM and Jubilee medal.
    and second pair of boots thrown in to sounds good ;)