Boots and heel pain

Hey gentle folk of Arrse
Having been thumping around in fabric boots for a few years now ive decided to go for some more traditional leather boots as the walking routes are now getting a bit more sporty so a more robust model is required
Got a pair of Zamberlans as they felt the best fit after trying on a **** ton in da shoppe
On the flat and downhill they are like gloves but uphill after say 200 metres on a 15 % slope my heels felt like they had spikes being driven into them
Is it just my feet have gone soft or is there more to it
Help

If they haven't been broken in yet You may be suffering from plantar fasciitis, damage to tendons around the heel and sole of the foot at the heel.

964ST

LE
Seriously, Zamberlain boots are Very Good! Either they do not fit correctly or you (or your feet?) need to be broken in, some would say that boots are broken in!!?!!
1000 mile socks can cut down friction on the heel, but FFS! 200 meters

964ST

LE
Did you buy the boots from Silvermans. And they have been „mis-represented.“

How do you mean?

Spikes from below up into the heel, hard rubbing on the achilleas, pinching? Could you be a bit more specific?

The feeling was that owing to the uphill angle my heels were being forced back into the heel cup in the boot . As that part of the boot is substantially firmer than the Salamon fabric boots that's what i attributed the pain to . It felt like a stabbing pain . Once on the flatit subsided to nothing
Did try some tape under the heel following the achilles tendon up the calf but it wouldn't stay in place

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
I have a pair of Zamberlan Trail-lites, they replaced a pair of Trek-lites, never had this kind of problem with either boot.

I have, however, had Plantar Fasciitis. PF will be noticeable whenever you're putting any weight on the heel. i had this watching junior football when the cold / damp conditions used to set it off something rotten. It went away after about 6 months and with regular applications of ibuprofen gel.

I have a pair of Zamberlan Trail-lites, they replaced a pair of Trek-lites, never had this kind of problem with either boot.

I have, however, had Plantar Fasciitis. PF will be noticeable whenever you're putting any weight on the heel. i had this watching junior football when the cold / damp conditions used to set it off something rotten. It went away after about 6 months and with regular applications of ibuprofen gel.
Good shout about that . Never gave it a thought . I have suffered with PF in my right foot whilst out cycling but it was a 1 time thing so put it down to one of those things hmm may go see a man about me feet
Joys of getting old i suppose

Latest Threads