Boots again!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by TABBER, Apr 10, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Age old topic, we all know what to do.

2. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

I bought a set of Danner Reccon boots a couple of weeks ago, I have just done a 3 day boots on stint with them and am well impressed.

3. I RETAINED MY ONLY PAIR OF PRO-BOOTS WHEN I RETIRED AND TOOK THEM INTO THE POLICE WHERE I USED THEM UNTIL (AND FOR QUITE  AWHILE AFTER!) THEY WERE COMPLETELY SHAGGED OUT. THEY WERE WITHOUT DOUBT THE BEST BOOTS I'D EVER WORN. NOT SAYING MUCH WHEN THE PREVIOUS TYPES WERE AMMO BOOTS (AT IJLB!) DMS (WITH ANKLE RAGS) AND FINALLY THE FIRST BCH WHICH NEARLY F**KING CRIPPLED ME.
    I HAVE NOW MANAGED TO "ACQUIRE" A SECOND BRAND NEW PAIR OF PRO'S, STILL IN BOX BUT A SIZE TOO SMALL, I NEED 9'S. ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A SWAP?

4. Surely the fact that when you go somewhere cold you get issued Pro Boots and if you go somewhere hot you get Hot Weather issue boots (whatever they may be at the time) is proof that Combat Assualt boots are crap. Why not just do what the Yanks do and have a list of approved boots and issue everybody with an allowance to buy the pair of their choice.
    I will probably have to walk on my hands for a week now as I've just used up my troops entire quota of common sense.

5. I've been issued Matterhorn, Pro, Jungle and Magnum boots as well as the CBH and CBA and can honestly say that the Pro boots are the best. I personally found the Matterhorns to be low on ankle support and the Jungle boots uncomforable(very tight across top of foot) and the Magnums are OK as long as all you want to do is knock about camp in them.