Bootlaces in MTP

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by warrior8234mkIIIA2, May 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone else know where i can can get some bootlaces (both left and right please) in MTP. They need to be at least 1 metre long with the little plastic bits on the end, but definatly MTP.

2. Do they need to be ripstop?

3. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Windproof?

4. Sorry, they're only on issue to 'them'..

5. Kit whores ;)

6. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Here, or you could try here, here, here, or here

[​IMG].

The first and last may require a certain amount of DIY ingenuity on your part. Cutting to length, trimming, melting the ends etc but you would be able to get the lengths you require.

7. I'm pretty certain you can get them at airsoftkit.com in windproof/breathable/waterproof SAS/SBS/SFSG pattern.

8. I'm sorry if this appears to be a bone question but here goes........why?

9. Er, "wah" you nana.

10. Cold_Collation

Because black ones compromise your IR signature, natch.

True black doesn't appear in nature. That's why MTP has dark brown in it, not black. Innit.

And so on, and on, and on... rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb.

But more seriously: warrior8234mkIIIA2, I've got two left-handed ones you can have. Maybe if you turned one boot inside out (... your boots are MTP-reversible, aren't they?) that would work?

11. Sorry, i cannot answer that question. (standard answer from the 'them' Dictionary and Thesaurus 2009 edition)

12. BuggerAll

How would that help, he (she?) would then have 2 left hand boots and one of them would have a strange IR signature.

If you use a left hand lace back to front in works fairly well. Tie a knot in the ends to avoid slippage (tie the knot after threading into the boot). You will need to put a knots in both laces for overall balance and allyness.

Have you considered cling film instead of laces. You remove the laces altogether put the boot on and wrap round with cling film. Its waterproof has no IR signature and flexes to give you a comfortable fit to your foot with no laces digging in.

13. I foresee problems arising when some nutter from 49 thinks that the cling-filmed boot is actually his lunch.

14. BuggerAll

Allowing him to unwrap you foot could be quite a 'bonding experience'.

15. Cold_Collation

Shows how much you know - and stop picking holes when you're so obviously out of the loop on this stuff.

The new, go-faster, reversible MTP boots need handed (opposing) laces. It's all to do with symmetry and mimicking the patterns (or, sometimes, the lack of them) that go on in nature, thus rendering the wearer invisible.

The aglets even have a special fractal pattern on them, thus adding to the effect. They create a kind of stealth haze (which is hard to describe if you've not seen it, which you won't, if you see what I mean - or not). And there's no black in them, not true black, because you don't see true black in nature.

In fact, this stuff is so good that the wearer passes clean through the invisibility scale and almost comes out visible again. But not quite. That's the beauty of it.

It's down to the absence of true black. It's more of a dark brown.