Bootie offered £161k for injuries

#4
The bootie should get more than the max, when you consider some of the payouts that people receive for lesser injuries. Does the British Government care for it's Service personnel?? does it fcuk. They should hang their heads in shame, wnakers
 
#5
This is really sad that ben have been treated like this , Lets hope the mod have a rethink and give ben at least 400,000 pounds to try and have some quality of life .
 
#6
hason said:
This is really sad that ben have been treated like this , Lets hope the mod have a rethink and give ben at least 400,000 pounds to try and have some quality of life .
I'd give him 400k out of my own pocket if it meant you were shot in the face and thrown in a council skip, Chubb.
 
#7
Achilles_Toe said:
The bootie should get more than the max, when you consider some of the payouts that people receive for lesser injuries. Does the British Government care for it's Service personnel?? does it fcuk. They should hang their heads in shame, wnakers


The response of a Zanu-Labour minister would probably be along the lines of: What is this "shame" you humans speak off? :x :evil:
 
#8
Gentlemen for shame if they give the Royal any more money where will they find the dosh for the 'Civil Service Overuse Syndrome Compensation Fund" our typists must come first in this our Countries time of utmost peril......etc :x
They need to pull finger sharpish and sort this guys compo out, he's got enough on his plate without having to fight the Government et al.
 
#9
Teh Stun did a comparison yesterday which was quite enlightening.

A sprained thumb for a MoD CS (IIRC) who hurt themselves in an office received a whopping payout of 400 odd thousand pounds (more than double the pay out of this Marine). Why? It is hardly likely to prevent all work?

A bad back for a MoD CS received 200 odd thousand, although admittedly a bad back may preclude said CS from working again.

A Marine who loses an arm AND a leg, who thus must have serious diffiuclty finding work in civvie street, recieves 161k. Although he will get a pension too.

Not enough, not nearly enough. And the people who think it is, should have their arms and legs cut off so they can work it out for themselves.

I wont go in tot he millions awarded to a footy player.
 
#10
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
hason said:
This is really sad that ben have been treated like this , Lets hope the mod have a rethink and give ben at least 400,000 pounds to try and have some quality of life .
I'd give him 400k out of my own pocket if it meant you were shot in the face and thrown in a council skip, Chubb.

sorry what i meant is that ben should recieve £400,000 from the AFCS so least ben can buy a bungalow for his needs to have some independence . Iam not refering to ben pension and every day care etc which is other factors which as to be taken in to consideration as ben is very young .
 
#11
hason said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
hason said:
This is really sad that ben have been treated like this , Lets hope the mod have a rethink and give ben at least 400,000 pounds to try and have some quality of life .
I'd give him 400k out of my own pocket if it meant you were shot in the face and thrown in a council skip, Chubb.

sorry what i meant is that ben should recieve £400,000 from the AFCS so least ben can buy a bungalow for his needs to have some independence . Iam not refering to ben pension and every day care etc which is other factors which as to be taken in to consideration as ben is very young .
So you know Mr Mcbean then? I mean personally?
Or are you using his given name for some other reason?
 
#12
chocolate_frog said:
Teh Stun did a comparison yesterday which was quite enlightening.

A sprained thumb for a MoD CS (IIRC) who hurt themselves in an office received a whopping payout of 400 odd thousand pounds (more than double the pay out of this Marine). Why? It is hardly likely to prevent all work?

A bad back for a MoD CS received 200 odd thousand, although admittedly a bad back may preclude said CS from working again.

A Marine who loses an arm AND a leg, who thus must have serious diffiuclty finding work in civvie street, recieves 161k. Although he will get a pension too.

Not enough, not nearly enough. And the people who think it is, should have their arms and legs cut off so they can work it out for themselves.

I wont go in tot he millions awarded to a footy player.
The Civil Service have an effective union, which may explain the discrepancy.
I'm sure that Mne McBean, will get the max available, in time, I'm just hoping he doesn't get fecked around too much in the mean time.
Keeping the story alive and kicking (No pun intended) like this is his best bet to getting the dosh.
 
#13
To be honest, whilst its insulting that lesser injuries get more money is the actualy size of the cheque the most important thing. Surely injured troops should be given the necessery long-term care, support and rehabilitation that's neccessary to help them lead as normal, fulfilling and productive life as possible. This should be provided free and gratis for as long as neccessery (i.e. for the rest of one's life normally). The cash amount should then only reflect other day to day expenses (food, utilitiesd &c.)


[No wah] - Is this actually provided? Is this, perhaps, the reasoning behind giving such comparatively small amounts? - Soldiers have support structures whilst other professions do not...
 
#14
bensonby said:
... [No wah] - Is this actually provided? Is this, perhaps, the reasoning behind giving such comparatively small amounts? - Soldiers have support structures whilst other professions do not...
You should look through other threads to find out the appalling manner in which war disabled service personnel are treated once they are in civvie street - the support structure tends to come from charities (SSAFA, RBL, Combat Stress, Blesma et al).
 
#15
hason said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
hason said:
This is really sad that ben have been treated like this , Lets hope the mod have a rethink and give ben at least 400,000 pounds to try and have some quality of life .
I'd give him 400k out of my own pocket if it meant you were shot in the face and thrown in a council skip, Chubb.

sorry what i meant is that ben should recieve £400,000 from the AFCS so least ben can buy a bungalow for his needs to have some independence . Iam not refering to ben pension and every day care etc which is other factors which as to be taken in to consideration as ben is very young .
And what he meant is that he wants you shot in the face and dumped in a skip. The young bootie will probably get a bigger payout - in my opinion anyway. Look at the situation with Ben Parkinson, public outcry and the determination of his family got him a bigger payout and the compensation awarded to injured troops was reviewed.
 
#16
rockape34 said:
bensonby said:
... [No wah] - Is this actually provided? Is this, perhaps, the reasoning behind giving such comparatively small amounts? - Soldiers have support structures whilst other professions do not...
You should look through other threads to find out the appalling manner in which war disabled service personnel are treated once they are in civvie street - the support structure tends to come from charities (SSAFA, RBL, Combat Stress, Blesma et al).
As I suspected. I suppose the theory may be as I outlined, but the practice is insultingly nowhere near...
 
#17
FiveAlpha said:
...The young bootie will probably get a bigger payout - in my opinion anyway. Look at the situation with Ben Parkinson, public outcry and the determination of his family got him a bigger payout and the compensation awarded to injured troops was reviewed.
The MoD has indeed been dropping heavy hints that Mne Ben McBean's lump sum award IS likely to be increased as a result of the current review of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme as recommended in the Service Personnel Command Paper, hopefully by the end of the year.

That's good if any increase will be retrospective, as it was in Bdr Ben Parkinson's case.

If so, what will be the cut-off date for the new compensation figures being backdated?

We know that MOD has to complete certain statutory processes before implementing the changes. Apart from the uncertainty and frustration, the problem with the delay in increasing the lump sum payout to badly injured personnel is that many urgently need substantial up-front funding for things like specially adapted housing and transport. The burden on their families, in many cases parents who are giving wonderful support, should also not be underestimated.

Therefore, I trust that the individuals involved and their representatives are being kept informed beyond what can be stated in the public domain.

I discussed some of these points yesterday afternoon on BFBS Radio 2.
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top