Boot Polish Crisis!!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by fartsac, Apr 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did anyone see the news on the Beeb this morn concerning an apparent drop in tinned boot polish sales?
    Apparently there was a gallant fellow from Her Majesty's Household Cavalry Regiment lamenting over the lost art of bulling :D ......did anyone see it?
    Comments?

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Sorry mate, too busy looking at your sister stripping her kit off.

What did you say?

3. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I just thought that when I read title of thread that you had your syntax in a muddle, and it was a failing of the Army of Poland to properly equip their troops.

4. Yes, I saw it too, the poshest JNCO in NATO!

5. You only have to sit on a few interview panels these days to see the truth behind it. I'd be prepared to bet that fewer than one in ten Brits I've interviewed over the last 5 years have polished their shoes beforehand.

Hell, hardly any of them wear smart shoes, those bloody awful black, shiny trainer things seem to be acceptable to so many people.

6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Funny, my batman recent told me the price had gone up... 16 of the queens pounds per tin he charges me...

7. I'd say he was an Eton educated actor, the silver spoon was dangling from his bottom lip!, H Cav JNCO my arrse :lol:
    Had to double check the date! yep 2nd April :D

8. fartsac, she is a babe whoever she is!

9. House Hold Cav JNCO? Was he a corprol of horse by any chance?

10. Who is she???

11. Yeah he had all sorts going on, on his rank slide Think he may have been Cpl of horse :?

12. A Corporal of Horse is not a JNCO - it is equivelant to a Sergeant in non-HCAV regiments/units.

13. fartsac not sure about boots but she's making me want to polish something. its not black and I dont use brushes on it (well not often) but its very shiney!

14. A sergeant bulls his own boots!
    I stand corrected on the rank :oops:
    Still sounded like a rupert! :p

15. I am getting rather annoyed with the supermarkets at the moment. It is increasingly more difficult to find K1w1 polish these days. It is either that cherry pap or shoe cleaner sponges impregnated with silicone wax.
    I am kept quite busy bulling still and use on average a tin a week. :D

Corporals of Horse at Knightsbridge don't have to clean their own kit these days do they?
    What is the world coming to! :(