Boot polish and beret

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Bobby-Dazzla-82, Jul 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone got any tips on shaping a beret, tips on polishing boots and the best boot polish to get.

Cheers Dazzla

2. What unit are you from Bob ?

3. Capture.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  4. Ask your CQMS for some KIWI, if he hasn't got it then ask him to demand it. KIWI polish, NSN 7930-99-151-5012. It comes in a box of 12x100ml tins.

5. Don't touch your boots or beret, tip up and there will plenty of people to tell you how to polish and shape

6. 4 Mercian mate

7. He had problems shaping his beret too.

large_elephant_man_blu-ray3.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. I've been told to have it ready before I go to phase one (nxt Friday) the last thing I want to do is rock up without either looking something like

9. french-bex-018-954x1024.jpg What, you think turning up like this would be a bad thing?

We are talking TA here arn't we? You'll be the smartest man on parade.

10. Put your beret on, dip your head into boiling water, then cold water, then back into the boiling water again.

Repeat as necessary. Remember to keep your beret on at all times and no flash photography.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

and when its shrunk put a plate in it to give it a razor sharp crease and let dry on head. alternatively use a hot hot steam iron and put a nice crease all the way around it for that ally look

12. And so that helicopters can land on it.

• Like Like x 1