boot bulling

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by MetroZero, Mar 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can anyone tell me the best way to bull boots and shoes,

and how to apply the beeswax? and the best way to maintain the shine

i know lots are going to say hours and hours of elbow grease which i am aware of and more than willing to put into it

thanks in advance

2. No beeswax just polish. apply loads of polish to boot
    Melt the polish with a cigarette lighter then bull away using a bit of rag. lots of tiny little circles. Don't cheat. Your Plt Sgt will know all about Johnsons Kleer and other products.

If you have kids. Make them do it while you are watching telly. Other peoples Kids can also be employed. Other suitable tasks are Sweeping chimneys, mowing lawns and recent research has shown a child as young as five can do a reasonable job of washing a car if supervised.

3. Just pay some mug to do it. End of the month is a mint time cos ppl will do anything for a few quid towards their beer fund.

4. alternitavely just borrow someone who is on guard/leave/awol/boxing and has been arsed to maintain them,

i love having size 9 medium its the tits

5. Just be careful when melting the polish with the lighter - I managed to burn my boot with the flame, and after that it refused to bull!

6. ALL YOU NEED IS CHERRY BLOSSOM AND A SYLVET CLOTH

1'st APPLY THE POLISH WITH YOUR INDEX FINGER IN SMALL CIRCLES AND LET IT SET AND BUILD UP THE LAYERS OF POLISH.

2'nd SCRUB THE SYLVET WITH A NAIL BRUSH AND SOME SHAMPOO THEN RINSE.

3'rd WRAP THE DAMP SYLVET AROUND TWO FINGERS ,APPLY A LITTLE POLISH AND POLISH IN SMALL CIRCLES AND HEY PRESTO WITH A BIT OF EFFORT A SH*T HOT SHINE.

AND BEFORE ANY ONE THINKS THAT I AM IN THE GUARDS THEN THINK AGAIN ............. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

{admit it! you are a wooden top :D }

7. have a word ! i just got my ammos back from the cobbler @jhq awesome! sod sitting down and doing small circles crap with a sylvet cloth , just a quick wipe over , happy days didnt cost that much either. 60 euros

8. I concur with this, although i obviously have bigger feet as mine cost more?

9. you know what they say bout big feet??bigger socks

10. I fantastic tip for a pristeen finish once you have bulled and water bulled is to tap the toe caps with a toffee hammer spray with WD 40 :D

11. MDN....one thinks thou art extracting the urine?

12. Do NAAFI still sell "Bulling Rings"?? :lol:

13. few bad tips in in this thread, but the daftest (to me) was dab the polish on your tongue before bulling the boots, as per the suggester, to get the right amount of moist on the boots rofl...

Parade gloss, yellow duster washed a few times does it for me.

get duster in warm water wring it so it doesn't drip.
    Lid of polish, put some ordinary tap water.
    Wrap duster around 2 fingers (Index and middle), the wrap rest of duster round the hand.
    Rub duster on polish, in large circular motion rub duster/polish on boots.
    repeat, every now and again dab in the water.

Don't press to hard, don't think you can do it in one go, don't put too much on in one go. If your doing the whole boot, don't worry about polish flakes on the creases on the boots as you walk, Ammo boots should be double even tripled soled.

If your doing brown shoes, wear rubber (Surgical is good) gloves...

14. Cotton wool balls, proper polish Kiwi and water works for me

15. Bulling boots? :? nah, mine get a quick wipe with one of those "Kwik-shine" sponges, it takes about 10 seconds.
    God I love being an Officer! :D