Booster Jab - Yes or No?

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
On shift at the mass vaccination site tomorrow ,any rumours refuseniks
are trussed and brought in the back door for vaccination are untrue.

1640799106335.png

heres an excellent 13 min presentation of why people dont trust the govt or the booster etc

Is the answer 'They're ******* idiots?'

Lets use an analogy I used before:
Do they hire a gas engineer if their boiler breaks down? Or an electrician if their circuit breaker trips out? Or do they scream 'It's all a conspiracy of Big gas!', attempt to fix it themselves, then die of Carbon monoxide poisoning?

Is it? Your summary please?

before you get your knickers in a twist, I am fully jabbed up so not anti vaxxer but I am sick to death of being lied to and the woke approved narrative being shoved down my throat

In regard to your question, If the previously trusted politicians, media, social media, 'celebrities', scientists, pollsters etc consistently lie, mislead, actively block alternative narratives/solutions etc then some people - a growing amount of people, will stop listening and will actively fight back against the narrative and that only worsens the more forcefully the message is being stated. That means that people wont trust the govt or what is being said, just like the large ethnic population in London who are not vaccinated due to their perceived historical put downs by the govt/other agencies

before you get your knickers in a twist, I am fully jabbed up so not anti vaxxer but I am sick to death of being lied to and the woke approved narrative being shoved down my throat
I only asked for a summary which, given the amount of anti-vaccine propaganda being posted in a manner similar to yours, I think is warranted. No need to get het up about it.
In regard to your question, If the previously trusted politicians, media, social media, 'celebrities', scientists, pollsters etc consistently lie, mislead, actively block alternative narratives/solutions etc then some people - a growing amount of people, will stop listening and will actively fight back against the narrative and that only worsens the more forcefully the message is being stated. That means that people wont trust the govt or what is being said, just like the large ethnic population in London who are not vaccinated due to their perceived historical put downs by the govt/other agencies
Thanks. Saves me from watching it since the first minute or so wasn't to my taste - I found the tone most off-putting.
There's a bunch to look at around that sort of thing but it seems that a lot of people are surprised that social media and published media in general aren't necessarily reflective of the population in general.
Then you find that some actors are using this dissonance to promote their, sometimes extreme, views.

I always like to ask "what would change your mind?" If there is something then you can have a discussion about it. If there isn't then it's only going to be shouting at each other.

Once people have divided into opposing camps it's kind of difficult to work across the middle, especially when the camps start to head for the fringes.

Possibly the Nigerian political elite could stop robbing the national coffers blind for a week or two then funds would be available to purchase sufficient quantity on the open market?

Radical idea I know - just thought I'd put it out there . . .
The actual problems in much of Africa are that:
  • Much of their vaccine supply for this year was supposed to come from India, and India stopped exports earlier this year (although they have restarted them).
  • Some of the other contracted for vaccines, such as from Novavax have taken longer to go through trials and approval than planned.
  • AstraZeneca had production problems in the EU.
  • Johnson & Johnson had production problems as well.
  • Africa was actually scheduled to get most of their vaccine shipments starting at the beginning of next year.

I posted an analysis of where vaccines were made and where they went to (as of the 31st of October) here:

• Much of their vaccine supply for this year was supposed to come from India, and India stopped exports earlier this year (although they have restarted them).
  • Some of the other contracted for vaccines, such as from Novavax have taken longer to go through trials and approval than planned.
  • Africa was actually scheduled to get most of their vaccine shipments starting at the beginning of next year.

I posted an analysis of where vaccines were made and where they went to (as of the 31st of October) here:

You've missed one important point - Nigeria (and others) want the vaccines for free.

Because 'imperialism'.

rmn

LE

The other significant issue is the lack of infrastructure needed to deliver a mass vaccination programme, especally one for vaccines which, AZ excepted, require a significant cold storage facility. I am aware other hinderances exist.

rmn

LE

Since when have "Social Media, 'celebraties'...pollsters" been experts on any subjects other than their own egos?

TamH70

MIA
Not sure if this is the right bit to vent but I am unutterably pissed off, footsore and damned near maniacal. For the second time in a row, I've turned up for my Flu jab, which I had a pre-booked appointment for, only to be effed off again at the high port because they're concentrating on boosters for Covid. I tried to buy one at pharmacies various on my v. angry walk back home, only to be told by one that they no longer did the jab, and the other had run out and wouldn't be getting any more. I could drop in tomorrow at the vaccination centre that effed me off tonight, just on the off-chance that they have any but I don't think I'll bother. A third refusal in a row would no doubt flip my "eff all this poo" chip and I'd end up in trouble with Peelers, many.

Does anyone know of any dealers with a gen-up supply of the Flu jab?

rmn

LE
Not sure if this is the right bit to vent but I am unutterably pissed off, footsore and damned near maniacal. For the second time in a row, I've turned up for my Flu jab, which I had a pre-booked appointment for, only to be effed off again at the high port because they're concentrating on boosters for Covid. I tried to buy one at pharmacies various on my v. angry walk back home, only to be told by one that they no longer did the jab, and the other had run out and wouldn't be getting any more. I could drop in tomorrow at the vaccination centre that effed me off tonight, just on the off-chance that they have any but I don't think I'll bother. A third refusal in a row would no doubt flip my "eff all this poo" chip and I'd end up in trouble with Peelers, many.

Does anyone know of any dealers with a gen-up supply of the Flu jab?
I'm sure you've already tried it but are you eligable for one (flu jab that it to say) from your GP. Could always try the age / vulnerabilty / occupation card - assuming it's gen.

TamH70

MIA
I'm sure you've already tried it but are you eligable for one (flu jab that it to say) from your GP. Could always try the age / vulnerabilty / occupation card - assuming it's gen.

Oh, I'm on the priority group. My original NHS blue envelope letter specifically was for a flu jab. Covid booster was a side-offer if I was over six months out from the second jab, which I was. My GP practice, like a lot of others up here, has abrogated their responsibility for doing flu vaccinations in favour of farming everyone out to the NHS Inform Scotland mob. Who, from my personal experience, could not organize a piss-up in a brewery if it involved anything other than Covid.

If I survive this bloody Covid pandemic yet manage to die of the Flu because I can't even buy the fecking jab for it, I'm going to haunt whatever twat thought it was a good idea to torpedo one of their flagship policies in favour of another one.

rmn

LE
Oh, I'm on the priority group. My original NHS blue envelope letter specifically was for a flu jab. Covid booster was a side-offer if I was over six months out from the second jab, which I was. My GP practice, like a lot of others up here, has abrogated their responsibility for doing flu vaccinations in favour of farming everyone out to the NHS Inform Scotland mob. Who, from my personal experience, could not organize a piss-up in a brewery if it involved anything other than Covid.

If I survive this bloody Covid pandemic yet manage to die of the Flu because I can't even buy the fecking jab for it, I'm going to haunt whatever twat thought it was a good idea to torpedo one of their flagship policies in favour of another one.
Yep - that sounds shit. I've no idea on the next step for this. Best of luck though.

TamH70

MIA
Yep - that sounds shit. I've no idea on the next step for this. Best of luck though.

Thanks, I'll probably need it.

The other significant issue is the lack of infrastructure needed to deliver a mass vaccination programme, especally one for vaccines which, AZ excepted, require a significant cold storage facility. I am aware other hinderances exist.
The mRNA vaccines (Pfizer-Biontech and Moderna) are the ones which require very low temperature storage and careful thawing out and strict timing on getting into arms.

The Oxford-AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson are the vaccines of choice for Nigeria and the rest of Africa, as they have much simpler storage and handling requirements. The same by the way is true for the main Chinese vaccines (Sinopharm and Sinovac), Sputnik V, and a variety of lesser known ones.

So if you are getting an mRNA booster, don't imagine that if you refused it that it would somehow end up going in to the arm of someone in Africa. Most likely it would just end up sitting on a shelf somewhere until it gets tossed out when it expires. Nigeria and other countries in Africa have recently said they are going to refuse donations unless they come with a long shelf life, as they just don't have the ability to use old stockpiles on short notice.

So, get your booster jab in good conscience.

Maninthestreet

On ROPS
On ROPs

I turned up at an A&E one of the formerly greatest trauma units ever with a mechanical (stuff not working) injury to be told to **** off because I didn't have Covid. There must be an awful lot of money to be had from this shite.

Cases yesterday were around 189k, so it’s in keeping with the prediction of 200,000.

Edit.
Actually we’ve passed those rates:

View attachment 627252

Ah you follow Ferguson Numbers.

So obviously ignore the 'Data issues' 2 days worth of Kim Un Drakeford stats & UK Death stats include backlog from 24th December. They fall into the 'unforeseen circumstances' in the Ferguson Number system - an excellent system at the subatomic level where time moves diagonally and occasionally kettle.