Booster Jab - Yes or No?

Does this fellow raise a legitimate question as to how did they make so much vaccine in so short a time, including for the Omicron variant?

absolute garbage. reading anything after 'clotshot' [no bias there!] is pointless. He's wrong about the training, if indeed he had worked in the industry, let alone in specific plants

Does this fellow raise a legitimate question as to how did they make so much vaccine in so short a time, including for the Omicron variant?

Well, shall we do some maths using, say, yeast as an illustrative example of how quickly an organism can multiply.

An individual yeast can create offspring in 90 minutes.

In 9 hours, a single yeast can have 531 billion descendants. That‘s about 75 yeast for every person in the world.

I suspect the growing medium for the vaccines, once primed, would easily produce enough active ingredients.

ETA. My maths are a little wrong. The amount of yeast would double every 90 minutes, so it would take about 2.5 days to have 500 billion descendants.

After 3 days, we would have only 281,474,976,710,656 yeast.

6 hours later, we would have 4,503,599,627,370,496.

Last edited:
absolute garbage. reading anything after 'clotshot' [no bias there!] is pointless. He's wrong about the training, if indeed he had worked in the industry, let alone in specific plants
I think he meant that he was a sales assistant in Walgreens.

Well, shall we do some maths using, say, yeast as an illustrative example of how quickly an organism can multiply.

An individual yeast can create offspring in 90 minutes.

In 9 hours, a single yeast can have 531 billion descendants. That‘s about 75 yeast for every person in the world.

I suspect the growing medium for the vaccines, once primed, would easily produce enough active ingredients.
But how quickly can a child slave fit the magnet and chip in each vial?

No noticeable reaction to yesterday's booster jab other than very slight tenderness at injection site.

There is a school of thought that maintains that showing some adverse reaction is favourable because it shows that there are antibodies present that are demonstrably doing their work.

I like to think that my antibodies are so hard that if anything tries to get in wearing the wrong shoes, the matter is settled with a single, well-placed punch. No fuss.

I am not convinced by that but rather hope it is true.

No adverse reaction to any previous vaccination (even when I had six in one day at the Bluebird health centre at Heathrow). I have a minimum of three vaccinations per year ( 2 x Denosumab and 1 x flu) - never any reaction.

I had my booster vaccination on Saturday and since Sunday morning my right arm has hurt like feck (in fact the pain woke me up). Arm hurts, feels warm and is swollen and red.

At first it didn't even dawn on me that it might be a reaction to the booster. I have always assumed that most adverse reactions were post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacies (i.e "my kid had the MMR vaccine and was then diagnosed as autistic. Therefore the MMR vaccine causes autism". No Missus "your autistic son was given an effective vaccine to ward off potentially very damaging illness".

However, I think the specific location and the timing indicates the booster caused the pain. The irony is that having had Covid in August (despite both vaccinations) the arm problem is a bigger nuisance than the illness (not that I was actually ill anyway).

I reported it via the Yellow Card scheme, mostly because I had the Denosumab vaccination two days earlier and it is vaguely possible they interfered with each other. I dunno, so speculation is not much use. If there is a causal link it will wash out in the statistics.

Saw a nice little dig at antivaxxers the other day. Small kid looking at mothers arm and noticing a small mark:

Kid: "Mummy, what's that mark on your arm"​
Mum: "That's from my smallpox vaccination darling"​
Kid: "Why don't I have one mummy"​
Mum: "Because it worked"​

ACAB

LE
SWMBOs cycle used to vary about the calendar month like an incontinent pensioner.

Now I just have to listen to her bleat about "the change".

Now I just have to listen to her bleat about "the change".

Has she had a meltdown yet? If not then you have more to look forward to than just bleating. It also doesn't help (so I've been reliably told) that sitting there sniggering while they have said meltdown does not help matters.

Has she had a meltdown yet? If not then you have more to look forward to than just bleating. It also doesn't help (so I've been reliably told) that sitting there sniggering while they have said meltdown does not help matters.
Not yet but she's becoming a right mardy so-and-so.

I bet its vaccine related. After all, I have no medical degree and arrse about on the interwebs a lot so I must know something about it, right?

Not yet but she's becoming a right mardy so-and-so.

I bet its vaccine related. After all, I have no medical degree and arrse about on the interwebs a lot so I must know something about it, right?

Nope not the vaccine mate, the change is just another level of bat$hit crazy. Herself has been like this since before the kung flu.

Nope not the vaccine mate, the change is just another level of bat$hit crazy. Herself has been like this since before the kung flu.
Given the amount of homeopathic wotsits I'm splurging on for her, she's a walking advert for anti vaxxism.

Fortunately, she's not a complete and utter uneducated bellend.

Fortunately, she's not a complete and utter uneducated bellend.

Their level of intelligence matters a lot less than you think. My old lady is a Cardiothoracic Surgeon.

TamH70

MIA
Their level of intelligence matters a lot less than you think. My old lady is a Cardiothoracic Surgeon.
So if you really piss her off, she knows just how to cut you open and gut you like a kipper? And you annoy her?

Brave man...

So if you really piss her off, she knows just how to cut you open and gut you like a kipper? And you annoy her?

Brave man...

The power of the "Hippocratic Oath" compels her.

I'm sure there have been times she'd probably have loved to though :twisted:

RaiderBoat

War Hero
E0050FB1-C517-4304-AFB4-F8BCF4DCD6DA.jpeg

Latest Threads