booooooks

hey anyone read an absalutely cracking book lately? any you wanna reccomend here? pleeeease im sooooo bored, any book reviews i come across have all those pappy woman books like "emma" :x which everybody apparently loves. i want a bloke book!!!

or failing that, just a book which doesnt involve lovey doveyness (unless theyre lesbians :p )

da bunny

Find a copy of 'Master and Commander' by Patrick O'Brian. Twenty books in the series later you'll find you're hooked and it's time to start all over again.

David Weber's Honor Harrington series: Military Science Fiction at its best (and the arrsekicking heroine and her mates are all from a British planet)

think CS Forester or Patrick Obrien crossed with star ship troopers.

Trotsky

One which sticks in the mind, and is topical at the moment 8O , is A Britght Shining Lie. The story, given as a biography of Jon Vann, is a pretty much complete account of the US involvement in Vietnam.

Big book but very interesting reading, and an eye opener about US policy decisions of that time, and the French and how they collaborated with the Japs.

Lee Child writes some pretty good crime books - main character is an ex US monkey (hmmmmm) but well written. - Also Harlan Corben - pretty good series of crime books - ideal for remove brain and relax.

can get them both on e-bay for pence (ish)

E

error_unknown

Kara's Game
A good read about a woman with loads of oomph! enjoy! :wink:
ISBN:0002253968
Publisher:HarperCollins

Unknown_Quantity

War Hero
The Lost Regiment series by C S Forester is excellent.

I've forgotten who the autheor was but the books March Upcountry, March to the Sea, and March to the Stars are another excellent series.

Oh yeah, and anything by John Ringo.

Sorry but no-one's mentioning Sven Hassel! Am I the only one who's enjoyed Blitzfreeze, Wheels of Terror, SS General and the rest?! Now these are proper men's books - few women could actually claim to enjoy them!! :lol:

Latest Threads